Toots Hibbert featured on Live From Daryl's House

Moderator: interruptor

interruptor

Toots Hibbert featured on Live From Daryl's House

Post by interruptor » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:06 am

Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates fame produces a great series of webcasts featuring him and friends playing in an intimate setting. For the 28th episode they travel to Jamaica to jam with Toots Hibbert (Toots & The Maytals).

Set List:
Time Tough
Reggae Got Soul
Funky Kingston
Sweet and Dandy
Dog War
Monkey Man
54-46 Was My Number
Sweet and Dandy

The episode is online from Feb-15 at:
http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com

Toots Hibbert recalls:
"I had a great time hanging out with Daryl at Native Wayne's amazing house in the hills of St. Ann. It was a pleasure working with him and jamming with the band along with my son Hopeton on bass and Suzanne on backing vocals. The jam session was so tight we could have played music all night. I am looking forward to him returning to Jamaica soon. May all his dreams come true."

Daryl Hall says:
"To be able to perform with one of reggae's enduring legends in his homeland was certainly a memorable musical experience. Magical collaborations like this are why I started Live From Daryl's House."

About Toots Hibbert:
Frederick "Toots" Hibbert grew up singing gospel in the church choir, moving to Kingston, Jamaica, when he was 13, where he eventually formed the Maytals, who recorded for legendary Studio One producer Clement "Coxsone" Dodd, accompanied by the famed studio band the Skatalites. The band went on to work with Prince Buster, Byron Lee and Leslie Kong. The group had a pair of songs—"Sweet and Dandy" and "Pressure Drop"—on the soundtrack to the Jimmy Cliff-starring movie The Harder They Come, which popularized the music in the U.S. and around the world.

JahNice

Post by JahNice » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:33 am

Yay, wont miss it! :thumbsup: for the link. Tank u Interruptor

Salute Yiannis

JahNice

good stuff

Post by JahNice » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Man they 've got some really nice sessions on there, non reggae of course..
Soul, r&b, funk, rock & roll, some amazing sessions. Greatly enjoyed some of the one with Ray Manzareck and Robby Krieger from the Doors. Gonna check out more laterz.

Peace J