great idea!

Moderator: interruptor

crunka

great idea!

Post by crunka » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:31 am

i think this board is a great idea. i've been into dub music for a while now and had many questions on how to create my own dub songs. i play the bass and my style was heavily influenced by dub, even though i play in a rock/experimental band.

just wanted to say that this is great, sadly, it's not too active.
patria o muerte

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:33 pm

The board has been closed for over a year and reopened recently. Before there were more regular users around. However there were always times of low activity. When I started the board around 8 years ago it took off quite quickly though. I guess since then the Internet has expanded faster than the amount of online dub heads.. :think:

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:34 am

Yes, activity are going to grow each month i thought, this is really the place to talk about all technical aspect of dub-music.

Much respect to Interruptor to had re-open it, it's hard to find good technical resources about dub on the web !

KEEP ON DUBBING !
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

crunka

Post by crunka » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:38 am

also, now that i have the chance...

KoCha, you're one of my favorite dub producers. a year ago, when i started getting into dub music, after listening to a few agustus pablo songs from the itunes radio reggae thing, i browsed for other dub music and thankfully, your site came up. i've been a fan ever since. i want to make music like you, i just have to find out how, lol.

but yeah, you're an inspiration.
patria o muerte

Blaminack

Post by Blaminack » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Along with this great site, you should also add Versionist to your list for learning. As well as Kocha's Open Dub Foundation. Power to the Dub!

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:10 am

crunka wrote:also, now that i have the chance...

KoCha, you're one of my favorite dub producers. a year ago, when i started getting into dub music, after listening to a few agustus pablo songs from the itunes radio reggae thing, i browsed for other dub music and thankfully, your site came up. i've been a fan ever since. i want to make music like you, i just have to find out how, lol.

but yeah, you're an inspiration.
Greetings Crunka,

It's really an enormous pleasure for me to read message like that, I started doing music 6 years ago using this board.

And it's beautifully to get a feedback like that on this same board ! Many Many Many thanks, really appreciate ! :-)

You are on the best place to learn dub-music, near all knowledge I have come from article here.

Would be a pleasure to help you breddra don't hesitate to ask any question, and as blam say I run a website where you can get some of my tune with spitted tracks, enabling you to do some dub-music without need of composing, can be nice for training :
http://open.reggae-dub.com

Don't hesitate to download some projects and made remix, would be a pleasure to hear you !

8-)
Blaminack wrote:Along with this great site, you should also add Versionist to your list for learning. As well as Kocha's Open Dub Foundation. Power to the Dub!
Respect me breddra !
I can add too they must check your beautiful nyabinghi drum ;)

I hope Versionist gonna still be what it is today... some hot debate right now.

Big Up to you Blam.
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

GuitarplayainMD

Post by GuitarplayainMD » Fri May 23, 2008 5:34 am

Yea, I used to hang around here alot.

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sat May 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Yes more active it did used to be - there were new posts most days.
Hopefully it will pick up again - it's the only forum like this, the Versionist dub section has never been as active as this once was.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun May 25, 2008 9:55 pm

If somebody wonders why I have been particularly inactive during this month: I was on vacation in some hot place (see below). But now I am back..
Attachments
machala.jpg
machala.jpg (71.18 KiB) Viewed 32358 times