Dub Production artist Looking for Dubwise collaborators in J

Moderator: interruptor

helix resonator

Post by helix resonator » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:44 am

I have lived in Japan for extended periods before, speak japanese and produce a variety of dub-influenced music. I was recently selected to teach english in Kurume-shi fukuoka , japan for one year starting in late July, 2003 with the JET program. I wanted to return to the Kansai area and already have collaborating musicians in that area, however, they put me in Fukuoka, a place I've never been to so I'm not sure what to expect as far as any dubwise activity goes&#40;or any other underground music for that matter&#41;. I will be taking a lot of equipment with me and will likely attain more once I get situated. My portable and compact live and production set-up consists of a Korg D1600 16 track recording/mixing/processing/ production workstation, a super phat Virus Indigo 2 synth for a multitude of sounds/ sound architecture and processing, bass, trombone, melodica, Electrix repeater for live looping/sampling, a line six echo pro rack-unit and line 6 dl4 for further processing, percussion, various other pedals and devices, mics, cables, etc, etc. I also work with programming and hope to add a mac G4 powerbook to that as cash flow permits. I am primarily looking to work with a live drummer as a serious and professional two-person force both live and in the studio. However, I also feature and work with a variety of musicians and their respective instruments such as Flute, sax, bass clarinet, shakuhachi&#40;japanese flute&#41;, turntablism, guitar, beats, vocals, etc., etc. Basically anyone who has skills and digs dub and other forms of experimental music. In current dub productions I am incorporating reggae styles, drum&bass/jungle, IDM&experimental electronic music, harder tinged grooves with a punk/core essence, abstract dark-hop, ethnic, jazz, etc.,. So if anyone wants to make genre dissolving/boundary pushing music for the present and the future and fits the bill, please respond promptly. word!> <BR>Lt. Lunatico aka Miosotis/Caper1 of HELIX RESONATOR

lp original g

Post by lp original g » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:22 am

What up Jacob, you there? drop me a line bro... <BR> <BR> -lp original g

helix resonator

Post by helix resonator » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:59 am

Hey what up du-, can`t say that I know who this is exactly just going by the aka listed; `lp original g` doesn`t ring a bell. So I`d like to drop you a line if I knew who you were. Sorry this is so late. Haven`t been here for a while. So if you would, refresh my memory. peace, <BR>jacob

helix resonator

Post by helix resonator » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:02 am

Hey what up du-. can`t say that I know exactly who this is based soley on the aka listed; `lp original g` doesn`t ring a bell. So I`d like to drop you a line if you would refresh my memory or make the unobvious obvious for me. Sorry this is so late. i haven`t been here in a while. peace, <BR>jacob

lporiginalg

Post by lporiginalg » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:55 am

okay, picture fall, 2002 <BR> you up in tha okanogon valley <BR> pickin fruit with this crazy spanish mutha <BR> and you meet a guy by the name of Lyndon <BR> who plays some trumpet <BR> the end <BR> or is it?

helixresonator

Post by helixresonator » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:55 am

Oh what`s up Lyndon! Yeah, of course I remember you man. I was wondering what you`ve been up to. Thanks for clarifying. I`m still dubbing mad in Fukuoka. Already been here a year and the job is lax but keeps the gear piling up in my little Helix Hub studio with all that yen. Been playing a lot of gigs and working it out where I take almost everything to the show and play it all in one set&#40;bass, trombone, melodica, synth, multitracker, realtime looper, echos,filters&other effects, audio interface, mac g4 lap top, etc.&#41;. Don`t have a car though so I built myself a dub cart to ridiculusly drag it to the cities on the trains and whatnot. Kind of burdensome but I gotta keep pushin. Joined some other dub units as well in association with the `Hakata Dub Mafia` that`s kind of our collective project. Met this cat `Dr. Escalator` from New York who`s also into audio engingeering and works on Mastering with me as well as plays on some of the tracks. What are you up to? Gonna bring that trumpet to lay down some dubs with me in Japan or what? I`ll be here another year, maybe two if I can hold out that long without experiencing some real nature with clean rivers, lakes and air like in the mountains of the Okanagon. Produced a new cd with and for that crazy mexican mutha&#40;not spanish&#41; Damian and our ska. punk, reggae, dub unit from Mexico, `Dulcinea` and that should be floating around out there. We`ll have to meet up when i go back especially since I`ll be in Canada because my girlfriend who also lives over here is from Vancouver. So drop me your current email address. Here`s mine: <A HREF="mailto:helixresonator@hotmail.com">helixresonator@hotmail.com</A>. <BR>Peace brother-- great to hear from you!! <BR> <BR>word>> Lt. Lunatico>>

Kokeshi

Post by Kokeshi » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:27 pm

to Helix Resonator <BR> <BR>hello, i heard about you from the Routes. <BR> <BR>since i live around Kurume, i'd like to know your show schadule. <BR> <BR>your musical interests sounds interesting so i want to know what kind of music you actually play. <BR> <BR>though you're looking for musicians, which level do you need? <BR> <BR>have you ever heard of Paranormal-Sense? he's also mixes &#40;creates?&#41; dub music.

helix resonator

Post by helix resonator » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:53 am

Hey Kokeshi, <BR> <BR>I will be doing a live Helix Resonator set on March 12 at Decadent Deluxe in Fukuoka&#40;next to Keith Flack off Oyafukoudori&#41; to support the new `Mindlock Nation` album. I will also be playing at the `Concert on the Rock 2` in Oitaken May 14th. Other shows to be announced. I`ll only be in Japan another 5 months though-- relocating to Vancouver BC with my new wife. Since you live in Kurume and are interested in dub-inspired music it would be good to meet up some time. Hope to see you at the show. Welcome to the Dub Scrolls! <BR> <BR>I have not heard of Paranormal-Sense-- is it a Japanese unit? <BR> <BR>The Helix Hub is always open for potential collaborators-- 'who the cap fit, let dem wear it.' <BR> <BR>Njya, kore kara yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Itsuka aeru you ni. Future Dubwise de ikou! Mata ne-- <BR> <BR>>

helix resonator

Post by helix resonator » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:23 am

Hey if you`re still out there Kokeshi <BR>I`ll be doing another live Helix Resonator dub set in Kurume at a club called Arktz located on the second floor accross from Nova on ichibangai near nishitetsu eki. Some acts from Fukuoka will be joining me-- <BR> <BR>Live-- Helix Resonator <BR> Olive Oil <BR> Ites&#40;mantis and chokusen&#41; <BR> Paki G <BR>Dj-- <BR> Synopsis <BR> Daddy <BR> Blast Beats <BR> <BR>Vj/motion graphics-- <BR> Popy Oil <BR> <BR>Saturday, May 7th <BR>1,500 yen &#40;advance w/drink&#41; <BR>From 9:30pm till 5am--all night <BR> <BR>see you there maybe--

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:41 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:59 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:56 am

DELETED