I just bought a spacexpander!

Moderator: interruptor

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:24 pm

I want to tell someone - <BR>I just bought a Fisher K-10 Spacexpander on e-bay &#40;'buy it now'&#41; for $150 &#40;approx &pound;80&#41;. <BR>It looks in excellent condition - virtually no rust marks like the other ones I've seen on e-bay and the seller &#40;who has 100% postive feedback&#41; says it works. <BR>Its going to cost more to get it shipped here to the UK &#40;from the US&#41; than I bought it for, but, well, &pound;80, I couldn't resist.

HM

Post by HM » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:26 pm

Hope it&acute;s up to your expectations :-&#41; yes ebay <BR>seems a bit irritating to me, people from <BR>germany and us seldom whants to ship out of their own country when at last you find what you are looking for, also I tried to get a yamaha S90 <BR>from UK, the seller turned out to be a hustler <BR>not willing to reveal his true identety when I <BR>suggested a "bank to bank" transfer, right now <BR>looking for an asus A7M266-D to an overclocked <BR>DAW based on two MP-modded 2400 XP-M cpu&acute;s but <BR>I am so sick and tired of ebay that I guess I <BR>wait for the optheron&acute;s to fall ;-&#41; <BR> <BR>HM &#40;Denmark&#41;

Dan

Post by Dan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:03 am

Hey Neil C: I too got a space expander from ebay a while back, but have hardly gotten a chance to use it yet. I also got the original manual with mine. If you don't have one and want a copy, PM me with your address and I'll send it to you in the mail. $150 sounds like a good price. I was looking at the manual the other day, getting ready to finally put the device to work, and it mentions that the spring box has to be mounted in a vertical plane to work properly, which I never would have even thought about without the manual. Anyway, good luck with the piece. Dan

HM

Post by HM » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:08 am

springs are VERY sensitive, just a little push <BR>and you will imidiately hear a wonderfull noise <BR>:-&#41; guess you could hear the sound change even <BR>with an angle 10-30 maybe 45 maybe usefull in <BR>some situations will try that later,.. but yes <BR>default is vertical for sure

HM

Post by HM » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:11 am

but spring-tanks themself always horisontal, <BR>just look at guitaramps,....... so depends

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:22 pm

Dan - Thanks for the offer of the manual, but the Interruptor has put a copy of his on this site &#40;see Spacexpander thread in spring reverb&#41; which is very handy. Hope your unit serves you well. <BR> <BR>HM - sorry to hear about your e-bay hassles. It seems to me that if you can't personally inspect the goods, then e-bay seems to be the best way of buying second hand/from private dealers because you get to see feedback comments and people have an incentive not to hustle otherwise they will get negative feedback. I suppose inevitably you are going to get hustlers on there, but one can usually tell if something might be dodgy. There is always going to be some risk that a deal will not go smoothly, but so far everyone I've dealt with on there has been really helpful and sent things as promised. I can't imagine that I would have found a Spacexpander anywhere else. The ads state where the seller is willing to send to, it would be really bad if the seller went back on that. The search engine on there won't display ads from people who won't send to your country. Being able to pay by Pay Pal is handy also. International bank transfers look like a lot of hassle to me &#40;it would put me off buying if that was the only option for payment&#41;.

HM

Post by HM » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 pm

The "bank to bank" transfer gives you a better proof <BR>who you are dealing with,. actually if you turn <BR>over the case to the police they will have the <BR>identety at once, I transfered to musicians-gear <BR>in germany and remember that recievers identety <BR>was even printed at the bill I recieved some days <BR>after, I like to know who I am dealing with, <BR>especially when going for a Yamaha S90 ;-&#41;, &#40;this <BR>man claimed that he lived in london and had no bank-account&#41;, and like you say the ratings are <BR>very good, he got an zero :-&#41; , bit still shows <BR>how one should be carefull, just ordered halion2 <BR>bundle and two B1&acute;s etc from Digital Village &#40;UK&#41; <BR>they only do the bank-transfer, I will consider <BR>pay-pal, don&acute;t know much about it, I asked in <BR>my bank but she could not comment, for small <BR>things Imight consider paypal for proven sellers, <BR>ASUS A7M266-D I can only find on ebay yes thats <BR>why I try also :-&#41; but guess I build two A7V600 <BR>teleported machines insteadt for now, still I <BR>serch for an Digitech GNX2, ebay is also here <BR>the only chance, living in denmark there is <BR>no speccific ebay-site so I usually use "co.uk" <BR>that will sort out all the US people at least <BR>but from UK and Germany it seemss a majority <BR>does not want to post out of the country, not <BR>even to other eu-country, but your right ebay <BR>is the best there is,

ucm

Post by ucm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:20 am

Official Online Party Poker.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:45 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:40 am

DELETED