Any Bad Brains fans in here?

Moderator: interruptor

John Ellison IV

Post by John Ellison IV » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:08 pm

Hey, <BR> <BR>For those who don't know, Bad Brains is a punk rock band from D.C. who also do Reggae as well. <BR> <BR>They've done a few dub tunes. I was wondering if there were any Bad Brains fans on here.

JAH77clash

Post by JAH77clash » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:24 pm

yah i love them. i listened to them back when i could skateboard all day every day. <BR>i have a record called bad brains "ini survive dub" very nice. has a whack jungle rmx on the b-side. i love me some ragga-jungle ,but they could have done better.especially with that song.

helix resonator

Post by helix resonator » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:57 am

`Nuff respect to Bad Brains!! Gotta love that stuff! I saw them live a few years back on a reunion tour and they started out with all those super fast high-energy revolutionary thrash anthems for about 30 minutes and then broke that up beautifully with a 30 minute session of bass-rumblin dubby classic roots cuts, finishing off with some more DC hardcore!! What a set! I don`t know about now but there was a time when it was pretty rare to find people who appreciated both Reggae and Punk music at the same time and who understood the inherent similarities between these two powerful subcultures. I wish more people could get away from deciding that they only can or should listen to or create one particular `genre` of music. There are far too many boundaries put up this way, too many exclusive shows and `crews` out deh-- `strictly roots dub`, `strictly underground hip-hop` or `strictly punk`or stricty `electronic music` etc. Especially here in Japan. Why not have a burley crust punk band followed by some ill abstract rappers and a lap-top experimental electronic artist open for Lee Perry or something? Maybe cause myself and a couple other people&#40;including Lee Perry&#41;would be the only ones diggin all 4 acts. I don`t know, just a fleeting cry out for more crossin-ova and getting more people together! Cause underground music is doomed without a little more of that and a little more support. <BR>WORD>>>

sir_chin

Post by sir_chin » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:51 pm

i agree with you, helix. in theory. <BR>in fact i skip to the reggae tunes in the 2 bad brains cd i have. <BR>i have no problem with punk or hardcore: i just can't get a vibe out of it. <BR>guidance&light.

Hedorah

Post by Hedorah » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:06 pm

I'm a big fan of Bad Brains, I think they're one of the most inovative bands in the history of music. Rumor has it that they're going to get back together to record a new lp produced by Adam Youch from the Beastie Boys

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:58 pm

DELETED