Two Tracks I'm curious about: "Shit Easy Dub", &

Moderator: interruptor

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:39 pm

"Shit Easy Dub" & "Zion Daughter of Dub" are two tracks I downloaded. <BR> "Shit Easy Dub" was credited to Lee Perry, but it sure didn't sound like him at all, it was more in a King tubby style, I highly doubt it was Scratch. <BR> "Zion Daughter of Dub" was credited too Lee Perry and Scientist. I believe the album title was "Lee Perry meets Dub Scientist at Black Ark" &#40;something similar to that&#41;. It sounds like a version of "Evil Tongues" from "Roast Fish, Collie Weed and Cornbread". <BR>I searched for both these tracks on the net, and all I came up with was one page from a win amp generated playlist. Does anyone know where these tracks have come from, and who the credit belongs to? &#40;They were two seperate playlists, by the way&#41;

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:58 pm

Well I did a little bit of checking around,and the name of the album is "LEE PERRY MEETS SCIENTIST IN BLACK ARK STUDIO", courtesy of <A HREF="http://www.upsetter.net/scratch/disco/index.html" TARGET="_top">http://www.upsetter.net/scratch/disco/index.html</A> I found out that it's totally bogus. In the words of Mick Sleeper: '"Produced by the Hit Squad" is a clear indication that weakhearts are at work here.' <BR>Oh well, Zion Daughter of Dub isn't actually that bad. I've found this before, that collection "An Upsetting Dub", has one song on it which I quite enjoy, Reincarnation Dub, with the "Stir It Up" bassline...

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:59 pm

weekhearts indeed.. i don't remember any jamaican produced song with the word shit in the title.

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:04 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I don't have any at least, and I've got a lot. Seeing as how almost all of them &#40;at least back then&#41; were pop songs essentially, I don't think it would have been very likely.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:59 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:47 am

DELETED