Gregory Isaac - Slum in Dub

Moderator: interruptor

Dharma

Gregory Isaac - Slum in Dub

Post by Dharma » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:21 am

Can anyone tell me what the original version of the track Tam Tam is &#40;on the LP Slum in Dub, mixed by Jammy&#41;. <BR> <BR>It might be from the Cool Ruler LP. <BR> <BR>Cheers

Klaus5

Post by Klaus5 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:43 pm

I know this is a very late reply, but i might as well in case you are still looking for it!

I believe it to be One More Time by Gregory Isaacs, that is according to the algoriddim website (http://www.algoriddim.com/album.php?album_id=876).

Im a big fan of that riddim. Check the Linval Thompson version, Negrae African Dub on the dub album of the same name.

italz

Post by italz » Sun May 24, 2009 4:38 am

Hi there !

First I love this website and never saw the forum,

and i'd like to know if anyone knows about the original version from the riddim ? i mean really original.. pre-isaacs.. Heard it once sounded like studio one but it was on a radio so i never knew who made it, and by the way the tune was really good ! The riddim is exactly the same, not sure if there is the same horn leading but it was the same

I just remember some lyrics such as "whether you're black or white i don't give a damn, i just want to be around .." or something like that !

I wish you can help :)

TY

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 am

- Linval Thompson - Rocking Vibration can be heard here (He also cut another tune by that name on a different riddim - listen here)

- Ranking Dread - Natty Way Of Living can be heard here

These seem to be all the vocal versions reported on the web. One or two more dub versions are listed at the before mentioned page