Barack Obama by Coco Tea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tw8tesd5EA

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 am

Coco Tea comments on Obama's victory according to the Jamaica Gleaner:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com:80/glean ... lead6.html

I could not believe my eyes - Coco Tea
published: Thursday | November 6, 2008

Barack Obama's victory should now instil a higher level of confidence in Jamaicans, says reggae artiste Coco Tea who, through his musical tribute, had predicted a win for Obama several months before the presidential elections.

"It is time for us (Jamaicans) to rise up and take our rightful place in the world. We are a country of immense talent. Look at Usain Bolt. We must stop the fighting, come together and help each other," the reggae artiste told The Gleaner, during a brief interview from his hotel room in New York yesterday.

Have to work hard

He stressed that if Obama can do it, then all things are possible, and Jamaicans will just have to work hard to achieve what they want.

"Obama's win has put Jamaica in a new light and anything positive can happen," said the artiste, whose real name is Calvin George Scott.

Scott, who is originally from Kingston, said it was Obama's messages that influenced him to pen the lyrics to the song. He said he did not record the song for any fame or financial reward but, instead, because of his vision that the time was now right for the 47-year-old Obama to take over the leadership of the most powerful country on Earth.

"In Obama's message, he said, 'we are going to reach across the table, sit down and talk with our enemies'. The world need somebody like this," Scott explained.

He said this was an indication that the president-elect was going to effect changes by sharing the love with other people across the world.

Speechless

The artiste said he was left speechless in New York Tuesday night when it was announced that Obama had won.

"I went outside my hotel to purchase something and could not believe what was unfolding before my eyes," Scott told The Gleaner.

According to the artiste, people filled the streets and emergency vehicles with blaring sirens went back and forth. Some people wept in jubilation while others knelt and prayed.

"I was overwhelmed. My body was filled with goose pimples," said a smiling Scott, who now lives in Clarendon.
PS: My comment on Obama's victory: George Clinton - "Paint the white house black"