good drum machine for dub

Moderator: interruptor

nate

Post by nate » Mon May 06, 2002 2:08 am

I have been looking for a drum machine to produce some dub beats. Leaning towards an mpc60 or mpc2000/3000 mabey even a sp1200. The only problem so far is the price, I'm a poor bastard and cant fork out $3000. Right now I'm using this ZOOM Rhythmtrak 123, and its a piece of shit with no punch or soul to it. It also happens to be a total buzz kill for my inspiration every time I pick it up. <BR>So hit me with some info on a cheap but effective machine &#40;If there is such a thing&#41; <BR>or mabey I should just learn to play drums...

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Mon May 06, 2002 9:03 am

depending on your way of working you might find a pc based software drum machine useful. this can even be totally free. check this <A HREF="http://www.interruptor.ch/cgi-bin/discu ... discussion here</A>.

audioforge

Post by audioforge » Mon May 06, 2002 9:05 pm

you can also look for a Roland spd6 or spd8?. you have 6 pads you can play fingers or drumsticks &#43; 2 pedals&#40;for kick and orhi hat&#41;.internal sounds are not very good but it transmit midi and you can affect the note you want to any pads. so if you want some kind of real feeling with drums samples maybe a "quite" cheap soluce. assuming you have a sampler or a pc. link:www.rolandus. <BR>com check for spd6 and 8? hope it can help audioforge