Reaper (Free DAW)

Moderator: interruptor

Klaus5

Reaper (Free DAW)

Post by Klaus5 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Just a heads up that this is a very cool looking daw. Not tried it in depth yet, only just downloaded it. Its free to download and evaluate, but they ask you to purchase a £60 license if you continue using the software after that (although it remains unrestricted even if you dont). Does anyone use it?

Im going to be trying it rewired with Reason, mainly for recording guitar.

ill let you know how i get on..

http://www.reaper.fm

unityunityunity

Post by unityunityunity » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Yeah, I tried this out not too long ago.
It's pretty cool, a lot of nice features.
I prefer using Cubase though, just because I'm use to setup.
I'd recommend Reaper for sure, to anyone. :)

Klaus5

Post by Klaus5 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:17 pm

Ive had a quick mess about on it and it seems awesome.

The only downsides i notice so far is there is no midi not quantise feature (so i have to do it by hand), but then again that could be good, i shouldnt really rely on quantise, i should get my timing better!

There seems to be a bigger delay between pressing midi keys and the synth/whatever activating, than on other programs, but that is very likely down to my sub standard PC hardware and imperfect software settings (the options menu is pretty in-depth! not got my head around it all yet, but the reaper forum looks very useful, when i get round to it..) Though other software (Live and Reason) doesnt have this problem on my pc.

Feature-packed yet a very small download, its very quick and easy to try out.

And yes unityunityunity, i will also mainly be sticking with my current set up (live and reason) because i know my way around alot better and im used to it! Much easier for ideas to flow if you dont have to spend ages working out exactly how to do what your trying to do!

puma

Post by puma » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am

Since it works both on Mac and pc it is a great tool for Co-ops. have tried it and i love the matrix in it.

Samity

Post by Samity » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 pm

does anyone knows how to map it with midi controller?