BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Moderator: interruptor

Post Reply
User avatar
interruptor
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by interruptor » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

The long awaited 64bit version of BIONIC DELAY will soon be available.

If you want to test the BETA version and give feedback about how it works on your system, please send me a DM and let me know your Host-program/DAW and Windows version.

==> UPDATE March-27: I am closing the window for new BETA testers now. Thanks for all who applied. :thumbsup:

The new version Bionic Delay 2 has all the functions of the original plus a few new ones:
  • Swing: Repeated delays with a swing feel. Similar to swing timing on a drum machine or quantizing to a swing grid in a DAW
  • Freeze: Endless delays without any change to the delay sound
  • Character: Choose the sound of your delays from clean to wonky analog or gritty lo-fi digital.
  • Improved GUI: "LINK" button links the delay times for the right and left side
  • Improved GUI: Reset parameters to their default value by clicking on the parameter name
2024-03-24 (1).png
2024-03-24 (1).png (345.67 KiB) Viewed 6243 times

Heykool dub
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:04 pm

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by Heykool dub » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:12 pm

Hi
I am interested in testing this bionic delay. I mix in Ableton, windows 10.
Thanks and big up

User avatar
interruptor
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by interruptor » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:09 am

Initial reactions from Beta testers show that the CHARACTER dial is not self-explanatory from the GUI alone. Hence some explanation.

In short: Think of it as a condition control that goes from new and clean (center position) to old and beaten up in the extreme left and right positions.
- fully right: very old analog
- fully left: very old digital

In more detail:
The middle position "CLEAN" represents a clean digital effect with no signal degradation. (Note: The HI CUT and LOW CUT sliders are always active. If you want a completely static endless delay, move HI CUT to the far right and LO CUT to the far left and crank up the FEEDBACK. Or simply hit the FREEZE button)
Moving the dial to the right results in signal colouring typical of analog devices. Up to the position "BIONIC" some tape-like compression is introduced. "BIONIC" corresponds to the sound of the old version of Bionic Delay.
Moving the dial further to the right adds more extreme degradation to the signal: Compression, tape noise, wonky tape transport, amplitude variations. At this point a row of four buttons appears, allowing customization of the degradation:
- NOISE: enable/disable transport noise
- WONKY: enable/disable transport speed variations
- SPLIT: enable/disable separate processing for left and right channel resulting in a wide stereo image.
- LOFI: exacerbates all of the above and adds amplitude variations typical of warped or crinkled tape.
Moving the dial from the CLEAN position to the left does a similar thing but in a digital fashion. The position CRUNCH corresponds to 12 bit signal quality with slight compression.
Moving the dial further to the left adds more extreme bit crunching plus sample rate reduction. In the extreme left position with the LOFI button engaged the result is a shocking 2 bit resolution and just a few kilohertz of sample rate.

User avatar
interruptor
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by interruptor » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:48 am

Hi!
I sent you an Email with the download link and instructions..
Looking forward to your feedback! :D
Heykool dub wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:12 pm
Hi
I am interested in testing this bionic delay. I mix in Ableton, windows 10.
Thanks and big up

LionChant
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:56 pm

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by LionChant » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm

Hi there,

First of all I'd like to give my sincere thanks to you for running this site, I've been following it for more than 10 years now and learned a lot little nifty techniques,...
I'd love to give you some feedback on your delay of that's OK.

Thank so much, take care!

User avatar
interruptor
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by interruptor » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 pm

Hi LionChant
Thanks for your message. I sent info about the beta to your e-mail. :D
LionChant wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm
Hi there,

First of all I'd like to give my sincere thanks to you for running this site, I've been following it for more than 10 years now and learned a lot little nifty techniques,...
I'd love to give you some feedback on your delay of that's OK.

Thank so much, take care!

LionChant
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:56 pm

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by LionChant » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:04 am

interruptor wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 pm
Hi LionChant
Thanks for your message. I sent info about the beta to your e-mail. :D
LionChant wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm
Hi there,

First of all I'd like to give my sincere thanks to you for running this site, I've been following it for more than 10 years now and learned a lot little nifty techniques,...
I'd love to give you some feedback on your delay of that's OK.

Thank so much, take care!
Thanks!

Btw, i was wondering if Dubcreators dub-guide is still online, the one with the basic one drop, steppers etc beats explained...

keep up the good work,

merci!

User avatar
interruptor
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: BIONIC DELAY 2 - VST3 64bit for Windows: BETA available for testing

Post by interruptor » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:29 pm

Long time ago, Dubcreator the dub artist was participating regularly in this forum. But I can't remember that he posted a guide for dub beats here.
Maybe you can ask him directly? His username is "DC" so you could try to send him a direct message.
He did not post here in a very long time but he is active in the Facebook Dub producers group.
LionChant wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:04 am
interruptor wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 pm
Hi LionChant
Thanks for your message. I sent info about the beta to your e-mail. :D
LionChant wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm
Hi there,

First of all I'd like to give my sincere thanks to you for running this site, I've been following it for more than 10 years now and learned a lot little nifty techniques,...
I'd love to give you some feedback on your delay of that's OK.

Thank so much, take care!
Thanks!

Btw, i was wondering if Dubcreators dub-guide is still online, the one with the basic one drop, steppers etc beats explained...

keep up the good work,

merci!

Post Reply