TAPE DELAY - VST Plugin

Moderator: interruptor

Orpheo

TAPE DELAY - VST Plugin

Post by Orpheo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:33 pm

Hello Daniel! <BR> <BR>First and foremost, thanks for your great plugins - especially the Tape Delay. If there's one effect I use on every track, this is the one. <BR> <BR>I'd actually like to start working on some of my own plugins and am interested in how to import JS Magneto's plugin in to Synth Edit. I'm quite new to SynthEdit, so it may be an obvious answer, but I haven't figured out how to insert or open the .dll into SynthEdit. Can you help? <BR> <BR>Many thanks, <BR> <BR>-Alex/Eastern USA

interruptor

TAPE DELAY - VST Plugin

Post by interruptor » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:09 pm

that's easy: copy JS magneto &#40;the dll file&#41; into the vst directory inside your synthedit directory, start synthedit, open your project, insert JS magneto into your project like any other module &#40;menu Insert > VST plugins > JS magneto&#41; <BR>done!

Orpheo

TAPE DELAY - VST Plugin

Post by Orpheo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:55 am

Hmm... In my version, Release 1.0110 &#40;which I believe is the latest&#41; there is no vst directory inside the synthedit directory nor any .dll's to be found. I do see a se_vst.dat file - perhaps this has replaced the VST directory? <BR> <BR>I've tried placing the .dll file in the SynthEdit directory w/out any luck. <BR> <BR>Bother, I was hoping to get a quick VST out of this. Now I can see I'll have to go about learning the SynthEdit development kit. ;&#41; <BR> <BR>Thanks anyhow, <BR> <BR>-Alex

Al Vuelo

Post by Al Vuelo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 am

There hasnt been any talk on this for a while, sorry to bump it up, but i cant get anything out if this VST, which is a shame cos the design is the sweetest VST interface ive seen haha.

I've got it on an audio track inside of Ableton 7.0.3 on Windows Vista (vista, i know) and it doesnt do anything at all with the audio except bypass it. When I switch the volume rotary knob up, it just turns the original track down (im assuming its making the mix wetter when working)

any suggestions or is this defunkt now?

ive got a couple of ideas if i get no response though...i'll try it on my the trust worthy macbook, and also give the older version a try to see if that makes any difference

(unless its to do with ableton?) if I find a solution Ill come back with an update.

Thanks for the amzing site, ive had a good look around tonight
Jord (Al Vuelo - a project in bloom)
Al Vuelo - myspace.com/alvuelomusic - 3 quite different track over the period of 2 years, kinda shows my growth as a producer i guess - any feedback very wellcome!

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Al Vuelo: Although this plug is far older than Vista I am not aware that it is generally not working on Vista. Since the plug is pc only you will not be able to use it on a macbook. I don't use Ableton so I can't verify your problem. did you try with another host software? Try Reaper it's free to try and quick to install.
Anyway I plan to recompile these plugs with the current version of synthedit as soon as I have time (which could mean not too soon..)
regards
Daniel/Interruptor

Dubbest

Post by Dubbest » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 pm

I tried downloading this and it does not work. I have pro tools. could some one explain the set up instructions?

thanks
DUBBEST

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Dubbest wrote:I tried downloading this and it does not work. I have pro tools. could some one explain the set up instructions?
thanks
As far as I know Pro Tools uses RTAS plug ins. Interruptor's delay is a VST plug in.
You need a VST to RTAS 'wrapper' (unless Pro tools now has this ability natively).

And Interruptor's plug in is a Windows VST and a Windows VST will not work in any version of OSX (Mac operating system) whatever you do. It will work however work on a Mac if you are using Windows on that Mac.

Lyonhard

Post by Lyonhard » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:15 am

I use Tal Dub III as my delay VST. Very easy to use and with some already included good presets.
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/?Products:VST_TAL-DUB-III :)

yabass

Post by yabass » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 am

just to add..also this is my fav vst..and use it on all of my tracks..forthcoming dub album will give credit fe sure..bless yaba

Dubbest

How do you download the vst plug ins on this site?

Post by Dubbest » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 am

I just got the vst the rtas wrapper, so I can now use these great plug ins I've been hearing about. I tried downloading this tape delay but it's not working? I don't think i downloaded it right, what are the steps to downloading it correctly?

thanks
DUBBEST

Scootman1911

Post by Scootman1911 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:53 am

This was my favorite tape delay VST for a while but it all of a sudden stopped working about a year ago. Finally found the place I downloaded it from and reinstalled it and nothing. I hadn't upgraded to a new DAW or updated my computer even when it stopped working. For a while it would at least load the GUI but now I get an error saying it's not installed properly.

Any chance there's a way to fix this?