BIONIC DELAY - VST Plugin

Moderator: interruptor

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:29 pm

Djaxxz & Radder: The filters ARE in the feedback loop already.

shortwave

Post by shortwave » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:17 pm

Hey Hi <BR>I don't want to seem picky, cos this is a GREAT delay plugin &#40;I used Logic for years before it moved to the dark side! &#40;Only kidding, macs rock too!&#41;, and the bundled plugs were the only thing i missed&#41;, but... <BR>i would find it useful to use shorter delay times than 75bpm semi-quaver. <BR>Any chance you could make it go up to 120 or so? <BR> <BR>Your site ROCKS!! <BR> <BR>shortwave.xx

shortwave

Post by shortwave » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:48 pm

OK, scratch that last message. Dumbf&#42;&#42;k! <BR>Was wondering why it was labelled 'Groove' &#43; not 'Tempo'. <BR>Obviously haven't played with it enough... <BR>What can I say, fantastic, this plugin really does it for me! <BR> <BR>Great job, <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>shortwave.x

Andreas Wet

Post by Andreas Wet » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:48 pm

Hey man, I lurve the sound on this delay, very nice job, and it makes me feel a lot better about moving away from logic :D <BR> <BR>One minor thing, though; I can hear some phasing when I use it as a send, so I'm guessing the wet/dry mix fader doesn't kill the clean signal completely? <BR> <BR>What Gives? <BR> <BR>Anyway, thanks for one of the best freebies out there.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:30 am

hi andreas, that's strange.. i don't see a reason why the mix fader shouldn't kill the clean signal completely if set to 0.

zeep

Post by zeep » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:00 pm

i've been using this delay since the first day i installed it. great plugin, good sound! love the filters! love the feedbacksound!

ghast

Post by ghast » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:35 pm

I have all your VSTs and this one is no different insofar as it's a class-leader among VSTs. It's an excellent way to learn about how audio effects such as delays work. Very intuitive and easy to use.

John Canoe

Post by John Canoe » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:45 am

Top ranking. Rip van 1978 here. Cannot get other delays to, er, do this. And it sounds very good indeed. Drifting guitars from Mars: put fretted synth’s String Sculptor &#40;audio or midi-triggered moogish thang&#41;, "minimal" preset, slow attack, thru Bionic, automate feedback variation. Wot's happening out there, must get Net, listen to what you guys are doing. I'm a recent guitar and bass-playing convert to sequencers etc, still learning drum programming/sample slashing, but you can get a top Mikey Chung-production-type 16th note hi hat workout going by automating Bionic’s feedback on a suitable sample eq'd for hats... a cheap trick, much better than my midi-writing attempts. Echomania looks good too, when I can get it under control ... thanks again, you could have called it Walls of Jericho too ...

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:25 am

rel. 1.1 is ready for download now. <BR><a href="http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml</a> <BR> <BR>This is just a recompile of the same plug-in with the latest version of Synthedit. <BR>It will improve overall performance and remove the graphical glitches visible on some host programs. <BR>Please give me some feedback about how the new release works on your system. <BR> <BR>thanks <BR>Daniel / Interruptor

mark moore

Post by mark moore » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:18 pm

hey.....first time downloader here, <BR>im having trouble im sure through no fault of yours.......iv downloaded this and put the .dll file into the vst plugin folder in cubase...is this the right thing to do as i cant get it to appear in cubase at all.......... <BR>i know this is probably very basic but i liked what coldcut did with the plugin so would appreciate the help, <BR>thanks, <BR>mark

Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:11 am

First to interruptor, RESPECT DUE, how I wish I'd known about your plugs long ago! Analogic and Bionic are the very actual s&#42;&#42;t, the Wow & Flutter is just right. You are talented and I thank you for your great ears and the use you've put them to for the greater glory of dub. Your delays are, I think, as good as anything out there for true analog emulation - Audio Damage DubDelay, whatever. <BR> <BR>Second to mark moore - I don't think there SHOULD be a problem using the Cubase vstplugins folder - but it is best practice to create another Vstplugins folder under the "Steinberg" root directory and install all your VSTs there. E.g. X:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins. Leave the Cubase one for Cubase's own plugins. <BR> <BR>peace, <BR>Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:45 pm

One last thing about your plugins interruptor - they all LOOK as good as they sound. There are plenty of free plugins, some sound good, some not so good. But one thing the majority have in common is, terrible GUI design. <BR> <BR>Did you get an artist friend to do them? Or is it all your design? Because they are brilliant and professional, and you are obviously a natural. <BR> <BR>peace, <BR>Mike.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi Mike <BR>Thanks for all those compliments! Indeed I created the GUIs myself. Some of the control elements like buttons, switches, pots however were created by other people: <BR>- Vera Kinter &#40;<a href="http://www.artvera-music.com/" target="_blank">http://www.artvera-music.com/</a>&#41; <BR>- xoxos &#40;<a href="http://www.xoxos.net/" target="_blank">http://www.xoxos.net/</a>&#41; <BR> <BR>I tried to bring some of the handmade improvised and lo-fi vibe which is so typical for dub music to the GUIs. In the case of Bionic Delay and Analogic Delay I had the optical design of seventies consumer grade audio equipment in mind.

Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:50 pm

I'll tell you the truth - I think your delays are THE best VSTs for dub. I think they kick DubDelay's a$$. So there you go. I cannot praise them highly enough, nor sufficiently express my gratitude. <BR> <BR>peace, <BR>Mike.

slacknote

Post by slacknote » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:40 am

First off: interruptor thanks for those great free dub pieces! <BR> <BR>There's one thing that I miss though that mda's dubdelay does: it's feedback goes to 110%, so you can make your sound slowly build up to a huge amount of noise. Second: the delay time is continuously variable. I used to use it in Cubase to make those weird sweeps, open up the feedback, put the delay all the way to the right and then slowly move the delay to the left. <BR>Bu in Tracktion for some reason the automation doesn't anymore.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:20 pm

slacknote: <BR>- if you push the feedback control to 100% you'll get what you want &#40;build up&#41; <BR>- crank up the "smooth control" and the delay time will creep slowly to the time set, thus allowing the sweeps you request. <BR>- i don't know the reason for your problems in tracktion. so far nobody complained about it.

slacknote

Post by slacknote » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:32 am

Thanks a bunch, I wasn't aware of those functions. <BR> <BR>The complaints where directed at mda's dubdelay, not yours, yours is fine in Tracktion.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:14 pm

rel. 1.2 is ready for download now. <BR><a href="http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml</a> <BR> <BR>new feature: parameter "Stereo Width" varies stereo effect from subtle to drastic. <BR> <BR>before all stereo echoes were panned hard left / hard right which sounds too extreme in some situations. <BR> <BR>enjoy..

zeep

Post by zeep » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:13 am

Yes! This is what i was thinking of requesting at some point. Amazing that you've added it now. ;&#41;

secretagentgel

Post by secretagentgel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:12 pm

can this replace my existing Bionic Delay.dll - meaning when i open tracks where i've used previous versions, can it load the new version? or do i need to keep it as a seperate version, Bionic Delay v1_2.dll? <BR> <BR>thanks.