BIONIC DELAY - VST Plugin

Moderator: interruptor

interruptor

BIONIC DELAY - VST Plugin

Post by interruptor » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:19 pm

better keep the old version on your system for your existing tracks. on new tracks use the new version.

ronaldb

Groove parameter

Post by ronaldb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:06 am

Hello,
These delays are the best vst plugin i have heard.
I have one question, i use dotted 8 note delays very much. And you say on your site that with the Groove parameter you can go from tripplets to dotted notes, but i couldn't manage to get those.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Ronald

temptation_07

Post by temptation_07 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:34 am

some planes for make a update for Windows7 x64 ? 8-)

Bionic delay not works in this vercion windows :-(

is terrible because i like a lot!

Best Wishes!

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Over the last few months I got a number of requests to create a WIN7 update. Since I also have a WIN7 pc by now I will give it a try in the not too far future. I cannot make any promises when it's going to happen though..
regards
Daniel/Interruptor

temptation_07

Post by temptation_07 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:09 am

interruptor wrote:Over the last few months I got a number of requests to create a WIN7 update. Since I also have a WIN7 pc by now I will give it a try in the not too far future. I cannot make any promises when it's going to happen though..
regards
Daniel/Interruptor
Hello, i have a good new for all and maybe this can help you in your next updates...

Your first bionic delay and old version works fine in Windows 7

http://www.sendspace.com/file/djrpx1

i uploaded there... :-)

many greetings!

richie kay

Post by richie kay » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:39 am

So how does the groove controls work? Seems like a good way to get some swing in the delay. But I I do not understand if the value is in milliseconds or per cent....
Richie Kay

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Bionic Delay VSTi version 1.3 is now finally ready for download. The not too far future has proven to be further away than I thought back in Oct 2010..

Changes:
- Rebuilt with the current version of Synthedit. This should solve the problems some people have been experiencing in WIN7.
- New: You can now assign any midi controller you want to any of the controls using the right-click context menu.

Download page:
http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

calluone

Post by calluone » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Thanks for really nice plugins and rare and valueble info on dub making. I have used Analogic delay with FL studio and it works very nice.. Bionic delay doesnt have the same feedback for me though. I can here that It catches the sound but even with 100% feedback and 100% mix it does not really build up... Does anyone have a clue?

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi Calluone
I just tried out both plugins bionic delay and analogic delay again. Here both show the same behaviour in respect to feedback control.

Please check the following and let me know if this solves the problem:

- See whether you use the same settings of the lowcut and highcut filters (horizontal sliders) on both plugins. These filters are in the feedback path. if highcut is far to left and low cut is far to the right you will hear almost no feedback even when the feedback control is at 100%

- If this does not explain your problem please check in your VST directory whether in the same directory where you copied "Bionic Delay v1_3.dll" there is also a folder called "Bionic Delay v1_3". Inside you must find a number of files one of which is called "JS MAGNETO V1.1.DLL". If it is not there there will be no feedback at all. In this case please follow the following steps:
Vista and Windows 7 users

By default Windows 7 and Vista do not allow saving to your VST Plugins folder. This prevents SynthEdit VSTs from extracting embedded SEM Modules to disk. You can fix this by changing the folder's Permissions:
- Use Windows Explorer to browse to your VST Plugins folder.
- Right-click the folder - 'Properties'
- Choose 'Security' tab.
- Click 'Edit' button (You may need to click a UAC prompt).
- Select username "Users".
- Tick options Allow 'Write' and 'Modify'.
- To finish Select 'OK' to close the two dialog boxes.
Did one of the two options fix your problem?

best regards
Daniel / Interruptor

calluone

Post by calluone » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 pm

interruptor wrote:Hi Calluone
I just tried out both plugins bionic delay and analogic delay again. Here both show the same behaviour in respect to feedback control.

Please check the following and let me know if this solves the problem:

- See whether you use the same settings of the lowcut and highcut filters (horizontal sliders) on both plugins. These filters are in the feedback path. if highcut is far to left and low cut is far to the right you will hear almost no feedback even when the feedback control is at 100%

- If this does not explain your problem please check in your VST directory whether in the same directory where you copied "Bionic Delay v1_3.dll" there is also a folder called "Bionic Delay v1_3". Inside you must find a number of files one of which is called "JS MAGNETO V1.1.DLL". If it is not there there will be no feedback at all. In this case please follow the following steps:
Vista and Windows 7 users

By default Windows 7 and Vista do not allow saving to your VST Plugins folder. This prevents SynthEdit VSTs from extracting embedded SEM Modules to disk. You can fix this by changing the folder's Permissions:
- Use Windows Explorer to browse to your VST Plugins folder.
- Right-click the folder - 'Properties'
- Choose 'Security' tab.
- Click 'Edit' button (You may need to click a UAC prompt).
- Select username "Users".
- Tick options Allow 'Write' and 'Modify'.
- To finish Select 'OK' to close the two dialog boxes.
Did one of the two options fix your problem?

best regards
Daniel / Interruptor
Yes!! It worked when I changed the folder properties. So nice! Thanks....! Have a nice day! Best regards // call-u-one

interruptor

Silvan Morris about how to sound bionic

Post by interruptor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 am

Just in case you ever wondered why this plug-in is called BIONIC DELAY.. Listen to sound engineer Silvan Morris briefly talking about dub techniques on this great Studio One documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... b2U#t=2979
(from Soul Jazz Records - Studio One Story)