great free recording/sequencing software

Moderator: interruptor

blurrededges

Post by blurrededges » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:44 am

i'm not sure if its been mentioned up here but i just started using Kristal Audio Engin and it is one great peice of software, especially if you are new to making music on the computer. <BR> <BR>its a basic 16 track recorder, there is no midi used so you cant use virtual instruments, but you can sequence audio samples and record audio. you can also bounce down tracks as with a traditional analogue recorder. supports two vst effects per channel and 4 vst effects on the main mix. <BR> <BR>but what makes me really excited about this software is that you can run external sounds thru the vst effects in real time, so even if you're recording on an external unit you can use your favorite vsts. i'm quite happy about being able to use the Arcdev Dub Box tape delay vst and various reverbs even if i'm recording on my four track tape recorder. <BR> <BR>also this is completely free legal software so you dont have to deal with the security issues of cracked sorftware. <BR> <BR>for new computer musicians this sortware is great because the interface is very user friendly and anyone used to using a four track tape recorder will be able to use this with only a short glance in the manual before they're making their own tracks. <BR> <BR>you can download it from <A HREF="http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/" TARGET="_top">http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/</A>

Sanhadji

Post by Sanhadji » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Great stuff, man! <BR> <BR>I made some real good tracks with this program. <BR> <BR>This is really the kind of software I was looking for. <BR> <BR>Thanks en respects, <BR> <BR>Sanhadji

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:16 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:54 pm

DELETED