Any akai mpc dub producers out there?

Moderator: interruptor

Marcus u.k

Post by Marcus u.k » Sun Dec 09, 2001 5:31 pm

I 've heard that the mighty mpc is used by a number of jamaican artists,is that right?are there any producers out there using the mpc?ive been using one for a number of years and now getting into p.c based software and now i think ill use them both together.what do you reacon?

JX3P0

Post by JX3P0 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:46 am

I've been using the MPC for Dub,Hip-Hop,DnB,and some Dark broken Beats.No way will the computer w/ it's higher resolution ever come close to the feel that this box puts off.Besides the computer just has a sterile feel that's not inspiring IMHO.I use mine w/ an S5000 and it \'s the best combo around.I have cubase but think it sux.Just go as deep into the MPC as you can.Go check out mpc2000xl.com for ways to use sysex strings from a midi fader for mix automation and you'll get all the power you're looking for.It is true that a bunch of Jamaicans use the MPC as the main beat machine/sequencer.Even Sly uses it.Go get a cheap pad box(SPD-6) and some sticks and whack on it.fun stuff indeed.

rageone

Post by rageone » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:45 pm

this topic seems dead, needs revieving :D

i got a few months ago a roland sp404. chopped some skanky loops for first row of pads, bass loops for 2nd and drums for the 3rd. four columns, four dubs right? and then you can throw in some tape delay or regular delay or whatever works and creates chaos :D or throw in other samples or just play melodies (skanks set to gate).

i will work more on my samples and perfecting my technique and i hope you will also share some knowledge here :D samplers are really fun to dub with, it would be a pity for this topic to die