Keyboard For Computer

Moderator: interruptor

KoCha

Keyboard For Computer

Post by KoCha » Fri Jan 25, 2002 11:00 am

Hi, <BR>I try to do dub with computer. I have a question what is the advantage to have a "Real" Keyboard connected to the computer. Now, I just use the classic keyboard of the computer for introduct melodies. <BR> <BR>Thx. <BR> <BR>KoCha, Dub Master Beginner.. <BR>www.kocha.fr.st
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

interruptor

Keyboard For Computer

Post by interruptor » Fri Jan 25, 2002 11:55 am

i'd say just do your thing with your pc keyboard as long as you don't feel a need for a real keyboard. <BR>keyboard players would tell you that the pc keyboard is not capable of capturing the feel of what you are playing. &#40;technically speaking: no velocity and aftertouch sensitivity, unusual layout of the keys, probably no possibility to play chords, etc..&#41; <BR>in your case however when you just start making musik you are at the beginning anyway and probably by learning to produce music using an unusual interface you will come up with a new style of your own and people will start copying your techniques once you are a star.. <BR> <BR>good luck

KoCha

Keyboard For Computer

Post by KoCha » Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:47 pm

So now i don't feel a need for a real keyboard. And i haven't play real keyboard in my life... so i'm learn with the pc keyboard... <BR> <BR>Thx a lot interruptor. <BR> <BR>KoCha. <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">www.KoCha.fr.st</A>

kenyatta413

Keyboard For Computer

Post by kenyatta413 » Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:00 pm

hey. i use reason on a computer to do dub, and other stuff as well. the best dub stuff i've done was using my computer keyboard to "play" the parts. you don't have the different levels of sensitivity, but you can go in afterward and change the "velocity" of your notes if you want to. a nice thing about using the keyboard for people &#40;like me&#41; who don't really know how to use one, or read music, is you can remember your part by writing down the letters/numbers that you use on the keyboard. now i use a "real" keyboard to control the virtual instruments, but sometimes if i have an idea and i don't want to pull out my big keyboard, i still use the comp keyboard. by the way, i don't know what software you're using, but reason is really good for dub &#40;also hip-hop and any looping, rhythmic type music.&#41; if you want, i can email mp3's i've done.

KoCha

Keyboard For Computer

Post by KoCha » Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am

I use <A HREF="http://www.buzzmachines.com" TARGET="_top">Buzz</A> it's a tracker, sampler, effect.... all you need to do dub vibration. <BR>I have tested reason, it's too a good soft for making dub. <BR>I have found midi keyboard for only 50Frs&#40;30Euro&#41; i going to test this keyboard with buzz and if it works i buy it &#40;it's very cheap i think&#41;. <BR>Put your mp3 on a web server for download... or broadcasting.... <BR> <BR>KoCha, Dub Master Beginner... <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">www.KoCha.fr.st</A> <BR> <BR>Jah Bless

digitalelf

Keyboard For Computer

Post by digitalelf » Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:05 pm

i've been using reason for a year or so to create dub, and using a midi keyboard definitely helps a lot. i use the keys mainly to control the sampler and analog synth &#40;for bass&#41;. if you are famliiar with key mapping or know how to do it in reason, you can load a different sample to each key to "trigger" it in reason, similar to how a hardware sampler would work. to connect the keyboard to your pc you will need 1 of 2 things; 1.&#41;midi -> joystick adapter, which will connect it to the joystick port on the soundcard &#40;if available&#41;you can find them at some music stores or at the soundblaster website. 2.&#41; a midi/USB interface &#40;if your pc has USB ports&#41; basically the same as #1 but you have midi in/outs and it's probably more reliable. check www.midiman.com for usb interface. i'd like to hear some of of your guys' tracks, email me at <A HREF="mailto:bass_boost@hotmail.com">bass_boost@hotmail.com</A> <BR> <BR>1

Ricardo Delgado

Keyboard For Computer

Post by Ricardo Delgado » Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:30 pm

Can anibody explain me how to use the computer keyboard&#40;to play&#41; in Reason? <BR>I can&acute;t find the way to activate the keyboard to play notes,so as i don&acute;t have a midi keyboard i&acute;m tired of beiing a mouse slave. <BR> <BR>Thanks

kenyatta413

Keyboard For Computer

Post by kenyatta413 » Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:20 pm

to use your comp. keyboard in reason, you have to download another program from the propellerheads' site. for pc, it's 2 programs you have to get. one is called hubi's loopback device, and another is called something like "mouse keyboard". there are links on the propellerheads site. the pc version is sort of a pain to set up, but it works well once you do it. the mac version is easier. &#40;i use mac at home and pc at work and both have reason loaded.&#41;

DELETED

Keyboard For Computer

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:54 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Keyboard For Computer

Post by DELETED » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:49 am

DELETED