starting an analogue studio

Moderator: interruptor

Blue eye

Post by Blue eye » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:23 am

KoCha. <BR>What are you going to do with your mixing desk if you dont have anything to connect to it &#40;effects, keybords,sampler etc.&#41;? <BR> <BR>/Blue eye

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:01 pm

Hi Blue Eye, <BR>I going to buy a multi I/O sound card with my mixing desk... so after i can play sample and do effect with the computer. <BR> <BR>But i going to have perhaps a mixing desk with "Virtualizer" it's some effect inclued. <BR>So after i can use any audio source to mix &#40;cassette reader, computer, cd reader, walkman,.... i just need to record my track from the computer&#41; <BR> <BR>Jah Bless. <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.KoCha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

Mike Zee

Post by Mike Zee » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:54 pm

KoCha, <BR>just a thought for you, <BR>really, since you're going to 'invest' into analog mixing-desk, then it would just make perfect sense for you to also get couple of external effect boxes, you can score some pretty good effect-processors nowdays even if you just look for some used stuff and they are pretty 'cheap'. <BR>You bassically need some delays and reverbs, and it will make a 'big improvement' for your dub-production. You still can use your computer/software-based DSP, but having multi-analog-outs and analog mixing-board and not to use on-the-fly dubbing-mixing technque would be a 'mistake' ..if I may say this. <BR> <BR>well, good luck, what ever you do... <BR> <BR>respects, <BR>/Mike Zee <BR><A HREF="http://www.audiogalaxy.com/bands/mikezee/dub_lab.htm" TARGET="_top">zee dub lab</A>

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:49 am

Hi Mike Zee, <BR>I know that and i want to have a real complete analog studio but i'have not lot of money... so i make my studio progressively. <BR>I'm going to buy a Twin Tape deck with my mixing deck... and i have found a seller of old effect very cheap in lausanne &#40;Switzerland&#41;... <BR> <BR>So i record my track on 2 deck &#40;4 track&#41; and after play-it thru my mixing desk with internal effect combined with external effect... and all enter to my computer to record it in Wav or Mp3 format... <BR> <BR>I have found an article to construct they own Spring Reverb... i want to try this, i have nothing to lose... just time. <BR> <BR>Thx for your info, <BR>Jah Bless. <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha.</A>
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:22 am

This discussion started on the "Roots of Dub Funk 2" thread. Let's continue it here where it actually belongs!

Looter

Post by Looter » Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:04 pm

You're on the right track, KoCha. Just get some basic analog effects and add on as time passes and you decide what you really need. <BR> <BR>I also want to build a spring reverb and have seen a few how-to guides floating around the web. Let us know how that turns out. <BR> <BR>Kevin

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:52 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:24 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:19 am

DELETED