OTARI MX 5050 - missing cable

Moderator: interruptor

kaillout

Post by kaillout » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:47 am

Hello, <BR>I got an old OTARI MX 5050 8 Track 1/2 “... Composed of 2 parts. But my problem is : I have lost a precious cable between the 2 parts : the AMP and the DESK !!! <BR>As I can not find this connectors TOCON anymore, I would like to make it myself, to power the Tape again... <BR>I made a cable wich connects eachover the 10 pins from side to side of the 2 parts of the Otari : all functions work but no sound from the playback head in the amp.. <BR> <BR>So, if you have one &#40;or know somebody who have one&#41; please would you like having a look in your connector and tell me : how is it cabled or wired &#40;I don’t the word !&#41; : it must be a specific cabling inside &#40;with a resistor or component between two pins or something like that ???&#41;. <BR>Could you show it or draw a schematic diagram and send to me by mail please ??? <BR> <BR>It would be great from you, and I could at least repair my Otari !!! <BR>Thanks a lot for your answer <BR>I can give you pictures of the Tape Machine by email

Soren Wittrup

Post by Soren Wittrup » Wed May 17, 2006 6:54 pm

Hi there. <BR>I don't know if you have resolved your problem yet, but I came across your mail during a search and thought I'd send you this info. <BR>I am an Otari tech in the US and actually have an original interconnect harness in my spare parts assortment. <BR>The wiring is straght forward in the cabling using 20 gauge wire following the colorcode. <BR>The only different wire, is attached to position 1, and is a screened cable with the center conductor connected on pin 1, and the screen connected together with a black wire on pin 8. <BR>Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions.