dubtactic (Bill L) opinions ?

Moderator: interruptor

HM

Post by HM » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:02 pm

<A HREF="http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/det ... btactic</A> <BR> <BR>Got a offer about 30 euro so i consider, also <BR>heart of africa from spectrasonic etc etc <BR> <BR>The demo does&acute;nt say much <BR> <BR>HM

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:22 pm

if you like the typical laswell sound of the early/mid-nineties it's for you. otherwise not necessarily.. <BR><A HREF="http://www.interruptor.ch/cgi-bin/discu ... l">link</A>

HM

Post by HM » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:47 pm

Thanks, I need to listen the hole CD <BR>I will try to hit the store tomorrow <BR> <BR>admitted I like some of the demo but <BR>demos tend to be so seductive often <BR> <BR>Imagine if Trevor Horn made a dub-cd :-&#41; <BR>he is most certainly a producer that <BR>has impressed me "slave to the rhythm" <BR>with Grace Jones, 1985, a real killer <BR> <BR>HM

MH

Post by MH » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:32 am

I had a listen for 20 minuttes and droped it. <BR> <BR>No multisampled sounds not even bass for a <BR>few octaves, but then again who cares, bass- <BR>lines was ugly and distorted like techno <BR> <BR>I had hoped for some killer eff-sounds, the <BR>few usable sounds only apeared in version to <BR>much "wett" by default,... useless <BR> <BR>The CD is a good example on my negative feel- <BR>ings for sample-cd&acute;s as mentioned earlyer <BR> <BR>It could never help me in my own direction <BR>but would only be usefull for Bill Laswell <BR>wanna-bee&acute;s so to say ;-&#41; <BR> <BR>HM

Chris_B

Post by Chris_B » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:03 am

Lots of the stuff on that CD didnt interest me but I found enough of it that I could use.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:05 am

DELETED