drum and percussion samples

Moderator: interruptor

Watchman

Post by Watchman » Wed Sep 26, 2001 6:17 pm

Hi, <BR> <BR>can anyone tell me the best place to find some drum and percussion samples. Is there a good sample CD for these. I really don't want loops or basslines etc. as I prefer to create these myself. Most of the sample CDs I've looked at seem to only have a few individual percussion samples added as an after thought - whereas I'm looking for a more wide ranging selection of hi hats, snares etc. to program my own rhythms with

yokala

Post by yokala » Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:01 pm

Check <A HREF="http://www.samplecity.net" TARGET="_top">http://www.samplecity.net</A> for hip hop/jungle/dnb drums and percus. There is also great bass and synth. <BR>good luck, <BR>yokala

Watchman

Post by Watchman » Thu Sep 27, 2001 6:24 pm

Thanks for the link. I've collected a fair number of samples from the internet and magazine CDs, but it would be great to find a decent sized dedicated source of reggae/ dub percussion. <BR> <BR>Anyway I've added these to my collection.

deluqz

Post by deluqz » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:17 pm

yo <BR> <BR>let me speak on the sample cd thing. It's whack. <BR>You gotta sample your stuff yourself. All my compostitions are handsampled from all kinds of recordings. The idea is called CRATE DIGGING, and the more you do it the better you get at it. Look for drumsounds on other records. It lets you hear a lot of good music in the process and a lot of crap too. Samplecd's are for beginnerlevel losers with no talent. I'm sorry if that offends some cats but that's the way I see it. Instant-samples make for that magix music maker experience.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:07 am

don't know.. of course crate digging is cool and very inspiring &#40;and cheap if you have the records allready&#41;. i did it many many times. but sometimes you need a high quality sample direct from the source and not one which went through multitracking, effects, mixing, mastering, vinyl pressing..

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:45 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:29 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:32 am

DELETED