Monacor Echo Chamber

Moderator: interruptor

Maciej Makowiecki

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Maciej Makowiecki » Mon May 05, 2003 12:36 pm

Hi <BR> <BR>Have you fellas ever heard of such gear ? <BR>I bought from local auction shop, but i cant seem to find any info on this gear... I have some pictures of the thing and i can email them if anyones interested to see the gear.. you can get quite nifty sounds outtaf it

aleph

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by aleph » Thu May 08, 2003 10:32 am

I have one monacor spring reverb it's a very srange <BR>sounding one! <BR>I love this gear for very special effect ,his <BR>sustain is unreal,that why she's so usefull..

Jet

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Jet » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:37 pm

Hi, <BR>I have this Echo Chamber and asked the Monacor company for information and for replacement tape. I tried several times to contact them but didn't get any response. My tape is in a bad condition and I replaced it with regular mc tape. It is a nervewrecking job and the result is: it does not work! If anybody knows where to buy the original tape I would be glad to get information!

interruptor

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by interruptor » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:08 am

did you probably just insert the tape upside down? <BR>i once did this unintentionally on a reel to reel machine and noted that you hear nothing if the wrong side of the tape is touching the record/read head..

Maciej Makowiecki

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Maciej Makowiecki » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:25 pm

I also have problems with switching tapes to that <BR>"odd-to-say-the-least" cassette. My problem is that engine doesnt properly rotate the wheel. It leaps and chokest every now and then and the sound i get from is bubbly and twisted.. its not usable.... have i rolled the tape wrongly in to the cassette&#40; too tight perhaps ? &#41; or is the tape wrong kinda tape....?? <BR>dunno... i have some pictures of this device where the tapesystem is modificated in a way that you dont have to use this dummy cassette system...

Jonny Flash

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Jonny Flash » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:43 pm

I also have the Monacor Echo Chamber, and unfortunately it isn't working... <BR>I guess, the heads are worn off or something... <BR> <BR>During my "investigations" I found out, that exactly the same unit was sold by a company named "Univox" as Ec-80 Echo Chamber. But I wasn't able to get replacement parts... <BR> <BR>If you can find out anything with this iinformation, please let me know...

Looter

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Looter » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:40 pm

I dont think any of these companies that produced the vintage tape echos provide support for them now. That is, assuming the manufacturer is still in business. <BR> <BR>In other words, maintaining old tape echos is strictly a DIY activity. You're pretty much on your own to find replacement tape and make repairs to these units.

William G Dale

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by William G Dale » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:59 pm

Hi all,I bought the Melos Tape echo but the tape was missing.iI have since found out that it is the same as the Univox Ec-80 They are identicle apart from the face plate. I have been told that they were sold under a variety of names.Thanks to info i got on this forum i have just odered two tape cartridges from the Analogman. <BR>I had also bought another tape echo that uses an eight track cartridge and it works great exepti cant slow it down enough.Its called an Echo Chamber Concert and was made by Kastam Electronics Co in Japan can anyone give me any info on it

William G Dale

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by William G Dale » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:07 pm

Hi,i would like to contact Maciej Makowiecki to get the pics of the modification to the tape system if anyone has them could you please Email them to me Thanks Also looking for motor bearings for my Roland RE501

Jonny Flash

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Jonny Flash » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:19 am

Hi William, <BR> <BR>could you please post a link to the Analogman, I would like to order cartridge there, too... <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Jonny

sean

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by sean » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:08 am

William, I have a Melos echo chamber, no tape as yet, but will check out analogman, he's very good to deal with. <BR> <BR>Wondering, what is the modification you are talking of above? <BR> <BR>Sean

Maciej Makowiecki

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Maciej Makowiecki » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:17 pm

Hey fellas, <BR> <BR>Sorry the long absense, but im back... if you want the modification pics, please send email to following address... <A HREF="mailto:mmakowie@paju.oulu.fi">mmakowie@paju.oulu.fi</A> <BR> <BR>Can anybody paste a link to Analogmans site ? <BR> <BR>thanks !

Looter

Monacor Echo Chamber

Post by Looter » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:50 pm