Vocal effect ?? Need help! - Pitch Shifting Delay Effect

Moderator: interruptor

demilitarize

Vocal effect ?? Need help! - Pitch Shifting Delay Effect

Post by demilitarize » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Hello!

I am searching for a smooth and fast way to get this vocal effect: http://www.speedyshare.com/628142829.html .
Is it a delay, pitch or what? Is there some special vst-plugin to use?

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi

It's a delay with a pitch shift effect in the feedback loop.

In your audio example the pitch shift is modulated by hand or using automation so that it's shifting sometimes upwards and sometimes downwards.

I had a quick look at kvraudio.com which has a very good overview of free vst effects. However I did not find a vst doing this effect out of the box. But I really did not search for very long. You might want to look some more yourself..

I have myself created a vst effect doing exactly this. It is an enhanced version of the Echolive VST from my vst page (http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml) which was never released as I just built it for my own purpose.
If you are interested I can dig it up for you.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi again

As discussed by private message here are two screenshots of my own plug which I modified for these "wandering pitch" delays.

One is the setting for upward shifting and one for downward shifting.
I also uploaded a small demo of what it sounds like. First a clean vocal snippet from your file, then an example of each setting shown in the screen shots..

I think the pitch shifting sounds grainier than in your sound file. Probably because I used a freely available pitch shift algorithm and did not spend much time on fine tuning this special version of the plug-in.
The pot for the feedback pitch is on the far left of the GUI. As mentioned this is an inofficial version of the plug which I created for myself, that's also why the two additional pots are simply "glued" on top of the user interface and do not look polished at all..
Attachments
fx test.mp3
(264.13 KiB) Downloaded 10480 times
fx-up.jpg
(98.96 KiB) Downloaded 10480 times
fx-down.jpg
(100.06 KiB) Downloaded 10480 times

demilitarize

Post by demilitarize » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 am

Beautyful!

Thanks for your time, i will send you a message over the weekend!

/d