New emulating delay

Post by Neil C » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:39 pm

Looks very interesting:
http://www.v-plugs.com/echo_trip_vst_effect.htm

Just about to give it a go.

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes, it's good.
I won't be forking out for it because it doesn't do anything compelling above what I already have (I don't want complex mutli tap delays and that sort of thing). But I prefer it's re-201 setting to the UAD Re-201. It's a little different and the plus point for the 201 on the echo trip is that the repeats don't descend into distortion after about 4 repeats as on the UAD version.
The interface is a bit big and dull green looking and I think they should have an option to switch between a simplified and full view.
It gives you a lot of options and tweaking possibilities.
I might like it more with further use, there's a lot to explore.

Klaus5

Post by Klaus5 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Looks pretty cool.
Can you adjust the amount/time the distortion of repeats? If that makes sense? I mean like how the kajerhaus classic delay has a control called "quality": the lower the quality, the more distorted the repeats are each time.

Now for a slightly off-topic question which relates to your comments about the big interface. Is there such a program that is like a virtual midi controller where you can assign virtual faders or pots to control VST plug in parameters? In ableton live you can select individual parameters to be dislayed in the albeton effects rack, but its only controllable for one channel. I want to be able to control multiple parameters from several plug ins on severel channels. Currently i have to have the different effects GUI open and arranged about the screen so they cal all be manipulated by mouse, but this is awkward for large display plug ins.
The assign midi control to keyboard key feature of ableton isnt what im after, i want smooth control like dragging a fader slowly with the mouse.

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Klaus5 wrote:Looks pretty cool.
Can you adjust the amount/time the distortion of repeats? If that makes sense? I mean like how the kajerhaus classic delay has a control called "quality": the lower the quality, the more distorted the repeats are each time.
It has very extensive options to control the repats - you can set the pattern of repeats and define how loud you want each one to be.
You can set how distorted you want it be in more than one way, but not for individual repeats. You even have a choice of 12 different samples of tape & mechanical noise if you want to add it.