utilizing a sansui ra-500 reverb amp as an effect.

Moderator: interruptor

modman

Post by modman » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:12 pm

Yo, ...I've got an accutronics spring reverb from an old peavey guitar amp. I've tried it on the aux send to aux return. It seems to be getting enough "juice" but is awfully noisy. I then sent its output to a DI box and a channel strip to try to get rid of the hum by EQ and ground lift switch but it's still pretty noisy. Any suggestions?

LeChat

Post by LeChat » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:14 am

the spring reverb tanks that are in guitar amps sometimes have wierd input/ouput impedances. maybe try putting it back in the amp and sending the signal out through the preamp output.

I-TalSound

Re: utilizing a sansui ra-500 reverb amp as an effect.

Post by I-TalSound » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:02 pm

JBSEPIA wrote: I found a site that had a sound demo, www.crumpled.com/negen2/gear/Effects/ra500.html i get close but i think this guy has a wetter reverb on "all Wet"
I got this reverb too and was disappointed about the dry mix on the output.
While searching how do modify this unit I found this message on the web:

"What you do is plug the input into the left input, and take the output from the right output (or vice-versa). The reason why this works is that the L+R inputs are summed and fed into the reverb tank, which apparently has 2 springs. The 2 spring outputs are then summed with the original inputs and fed to the stereo output. So with no input on the Right, the right output consists only of the reverb signal. Also, the "reverberation time" knob should actually be called "reverberation feedback" because what it actually does is control the amount of signal from the output of the spring that is fed back to the input of the spring (which sort of makes the reverb time seem longer). "

Source

Its a simple trick, but it makes a great effekt out of this "hifi" Stuff :-)