yamaha mc1202

Moderator: interruptor

ocoughi

yamaha mc1202

Post by ocoughi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:27 am

Greetings and happy new year!
i found this desk near home for 100Euros in good condition...
Anyone knows it? i have mackie LM3204, but i wanted something more spacy for dubmixing cause my mackie is rackmounted, and for a low price...
i don't like the high freqs of mackie....do you think this models of yamaha are better?
Peace & dub
Manu

Solow

Post by Solow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm

So I watched a video of you dubbing a Marley track on your mc 1202 right? If I'm correct I read somewhere that your Yamaha MC 1202 was modded? Exactly what was modded. I'm in the position of buying a similar desk ( MC 1602 ) wich was modded so that aux 2 and 3 are switchable pre or post. Is that the kind of mod that your mixer has? I liked the sound of it when I watched your vid. Do you have some better quality mp3 online of a dubmix you did with your yahaha? And how do you like it?
Legalize it!

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Solow!
that's the mod! aux 3 is still post and aux 2 is modded pre.
i like it because it's cheap, built like a tank and it does the job...you can go in the red, it still sounds good in opposite from most newest mixer of this range with bad distortion...i wanted this kind of stuff because i carry it a lot in live...no flycase...and it still have no problems!
now i have another mixer at the studio, a soundcraft serie one and it's another world...
also i'm negociating these days with a guy a Hillaudio Multimix to use in live instead of the yammy, cause the yammy has no subgroups (only a pfl) and my way of mixing needs only two aux and two subgroups. also i'm quite sure the hill audio sounds better than the yammy.
but i assume that for the 100 euros i paid for the yammy it's a good deal. i won't sell mine, i keep it in spare....maybe i'll mod it more one day (op amps, capacitors, etc...)
peace&dub.

Solow

Post by Solow » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 am

For what purpose do you need 2 subgroups?
Legalize it!

ocoughi

Post by ocoughi » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 am

heu...just because some effects are better when used in subgroups than in aux.... filters, phasers....but that's just my opinion. some will prefer to use it with aux, some not... that's dub...each one do it a different way.