soundcraft 400b standard mixing board

Moderator: interruptor

lenny

soundcraft 400b standard mixing board

Post by lenny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I just need help with adding effects to other than 1 channel on this board.
My soundcraft has 4 aux outs but no returns. it does not have the 4006
effects module in it as it came as an option. I have tried everything from patching the effects to a channel, to trying to insert the signal via the group inserts, to trying it through tape L&R returns. nothing seems to work. I have used many other boards that all had aux sends and returns
and had no problems but this board has me stumped. I have a 16 track
tascam and i have the outputs going to the line inputs of the soundcraft and that all works great, the eq,mix,and routing all appears to work right. i can get effects on one channel if i insert the signal to that channel but i don't have any control on the amount of effect. I would like a way to patch effects to 1-8 channels if i want to, have control over the effects, and be able to hear them in the mix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I,ve done a lot of recording in the past with a tascam 688
tascam 3340 and used various boards but this one stups me. Thanks

JahNice

Post by JahNice » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:25 am

I have tried everything from patching the effects to a channel

??? you mean using the aux send and running it into the FX unit and from
the FX outputs into a channel ? Cause thats the way it should be done. Then
you will have all the control you need over the FX. for example you can feed
it back or equalize it or put another effect on it ect...

peace

lenny

Post by lenny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info. I have never used a board like this before and i bought it because some of my first recordings in a studio were done on this same board. I have to admit i like the old analog sound and i will definetly try to patch this in the way you explained. I thought i tried this but maybe my routing was a little messed up. Again thans and if i get it or don't i will replay. Lenny

lenny

soundcraft 400b mixer

Post by lenny » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:36 pm

I was able to route my effects return to 2 input channels and now i do have reverb but now i tried to do some recording to my deck coming out of the tape sends on the back of the mixer to the inputs on the deck and i am not getting a signal. Any ideas