live dub video little studio

Moderator: interruptor

wraith

live dub video little studio

Post by wraith » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:31 am

Its a little long and repetative, i was trying to get in some kind of zone.
I just want to say that this website and community is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWXqM0swLD4[/code]

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 pm

That's a very happy vibe you got there. Strangely it reminds me of the Chrissie Hynde & UB40 version of "I got you babe" although the chords are different. :think: I like the organ playing a lot. I think however that the bass line is rather weak. It's actually hardly a bass line rather some notes here and there. Also a slightly heavier drum beat (two drop instead of one drop or even a steppers beat) may be worth a try.

respect daniel/interruptor

wraith

Post by wraith » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:50 pm

thanks for the feedback interruptor, I appreciate your honest opinion. Forgive me if i sound ignorant but what is a "steppers" beat? Im very interested. Proly easiest way for you to explain is point the way to a song that has one.
-peace!

wraith

Post by wraith » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:07 pm

I think i answered my own question, I think you mean like the beat you use in Confident Dub, which is a great song by the way I love the horns and crickets.....

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:02 am

Yes that's right, but the steppers beat starts after the intro at around 00:30. Steppers is the "4 on the floor" of reggae so to say. A bass drum hit on each beat. Actually my other tune "Dub in Moonlight" has a more pronounced steppers beat than "Confident Dub".

Over here I posted some patterns in table form to show the basic structure of the typical reggae beats. I just saw that the recent board conversion was not so nice to these tables.. you have to select the text to actually see the dark characters on dark background. :whistle: