DubMyDub (Ukraine)

Moderator: interruptor

DubMyDub

DubMyDub (Ukraine)

Post by DubMyDub » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi all,

been reading this forum for a while and decided to register today to present you a couple of my tunes available on myspace:

www.myspace.com/dubmydub

Feedback and opinions on "Babai" and "Jamaican Flag" tracks are highly appreciated!

Setup: Fender Custom bass, Cort guitar, pod xt live, ableton live 8, some midi controllers and keyboards.

PS Anyone from Ukraine/Russia here? :grin:

DubMyDub

Post by DubMyDub » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:32 am

Jose Larraldo - Quimey Nequen (DubMyDub redub)

A dub translation of famous song by Jose Larraldo. Feedback is appreciated.

Neil C

Post by Neil C » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi,

Jamaican flag - for me that it is too much record crackle effect a the beginning. Dreadzone's Second Light album is a good example of what for me is a suitable level of crackle.
I don't know about you but I listen to 70's dub from CD where there is no crackle, and it still sounds vintage enough.
Nice sounds and fairly well balanced mix, although it sound better in my headphones than on my main monitors. My main monitors show up differences between this and a pro mix (as they do on most of my mixes).

DubMyDub

Post by DubMyDub » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Neil, much appreciated. Yes,I agree - too much crackle. I already reworked that part, new version is coming.

Regarding the difference - I'm using 5" mons, planning to have tracks mastered.

Could you check my second post in this topic? Interested in feedback on my recent redub. Thanks!