Billy Gone Bad - After Dark Dub

Moderator: interruptor

billygonebad

Billy Gone Bad - After Dark Dub

Post by billygonebad » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 am

Hi - my name's Matt and I'm a Cardiff-based producer - I was hoping some of you might want to check out my new track After Dark Dub - programmed drums, live guitar / bass / percussion, used a bunch of guitar pedals for the drums echoes etc - free download at:

Cheers!
Matt
www.facebook.com/billygonebad
Last edited by billygonebad on Fri May 19, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am

Hello Matt

I am really clueless with this one. The melodic parts and offbeat on the guitar seem strangely unrelated to the bass line. The offbeat guitar is very loud in comparison to the bass. Also the delay effects on the drums seem too crowded in longer proportions of the track thus creating more mud than vibe.
I don't know, maybe I just need to listen to this track on an onother occasion..

Just browsed through your soundcloud and liked that 98/99 vinyl dnb mix a lot. sure brings back good memories.. Great selection! Some murderous tunes there indeed.

cheers
Daniel

billygonebad

Post by billygonebad » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Daniel, ah, sorry to hear that the track didn't really work for you, but thanks for taking the time to check it out and for the feedback! I wrote and recorded the majority of it in one all-nighter session, so maybe it makes more sense if you listen to it at 5am haha :) Glad you like the dnb mix cheers, yeah, classic period in drum and bass history!
Matt