New User. First time using 5/4 rhythm & other talking po

Moderator: interruptor

Blend Johnson

New User. First time using 5/4 rhythm & other talking po

Post by Blend Johnson » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Hey all,
I was listening through Tubby's - Dub Mix Up the other day and was reminded again of the classic Take Five.
I wanted to explore using a 5/4 time signature myself and after a week or so, the link below is my end product - any of your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
It was entirely made using VSTi and sadly 'dubbed' using automation so really not dubbed at all, which brings me on to my second point.
I want to get my own hardware set up and would be really happy with, at first, just having a console and a delay unit (I am keen to get started on building my own spring reverb but haven't worked out exactly how to do it yet) that I can start nailing basics with. I was doing a bit of reading on analog consoles and see the alot of them feature only mono channels. I'm sorry if this is an obvious question but would I be able to create stereo mixes with an all mono console? I couldn't find an answer online that helped me fully understand whether this is possible.
If anyone can shed any light on this or what might be a good starting console for some raw and warm sounding dubs then I'd be really grateful.

Anyway, here is a link to the 5/4 tune I finished up recently.
Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/ikembe/wilhelm-fivestyle/s-lh9PH