bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Moderator: interruptor

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:31 pm

This is a mix of 400 Years&#40;the original Lee Perry mix&#41; and My Sympathy &#40;the instrumental of 400 Years&#41; that I did in Protools. Give me your thoughts and criticisms. Personally I love it. <BR> <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/canikickit" TARGET="_top">http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/canikickit</A>

KoCha

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by KoCha » Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:26 pm

Hi bin_ez, <BR>I just hear to 400 years : <BR>The first 1/4 of the tracks as the rythm break some times and i think the vocal is repeated too many with the same sound... but the end of your dub is very nice!! the start is hard and break, but the end is very smooth and lovely. <BR>Re-mixing old release without have the multitrack record is very dificult, because all song goes to the effect &#40;vocal, bass, drum, rythm, melodic&#41; use more filtrer to separate the different frequence. <BR>Have you try to do your own tracks ? with your tracks you can mix what you want!! <BR>I think you can mix better with your tracks separattly... <BR> <BR>So.. i cut the first part of your mix and i listen to him all night ;-&#41; <BR> <BR>Jah Bless, <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:46 pm

The end? From where? <BR>I love my song! <BR>Unfortunatly at the moment I can't really make my own stuff cos' I've got to get a bit more money first. And I want to learn to play the bass but I've yet to get round to buying one....I'm too lazy...

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:47 pm

Oh yeah I've another song there now. I don't really think its that good but I said I'd throw it up there anyway.

interruptor

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by interruptor » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:07 am

hey bin_ez.. i heard the track. i can subscribe 100% to what kocha is pointing out. some of the vocal delays in the first part are going on too long so that they clash with the music from the band which is playing different chords in the meantime &#40;check at 0:35&#41;. this will sound strange to most people's ears since in old dubs you cannnot hear this. also the delay time is longer than in most old dubs &#40;two full beats&#41; and the delay sound is very typical for digitally generated delay: all echoes sound exactly the same except for the volume which is decreasing over time. in old tape and analog delays every echo sounds different from the previous one. also in some cases the riddim seem to be untight, probably because you didn't cut the tracks exactly enough &#40;0:50&#41;. <BR> <BR>in fact you are taking the opposite approach to dubbing than me: whereas you use modern effects on old riddims i use old-school effects on modern riddims.. i think both ways can yield interresting results, but if you want to release something you must get the legal side straight. you could get in contact with people like coxsone dodd &#40;studio 1&#41; to acquire the right to remix classic riddims from the seventies. <BR> <BR>anyway welcome to the dub producer's communnity! <BR>daniel aka the interruptor

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:19 pm

thanks for the advice, Daniel. especially the times...specific...yeah. I don't really want to release any of that stuff, I know its illegal, I'd much rather to produce my own stuff...what's Coxsone's e-mail address? or Bunny Lee, or Lee Perry, or Niney, or Clive? <BR>actually seriously, do you know how I would get in contact with any of these guys? <BR> <BR>I still love my song. I think it is perfect. The repeats of Peter's vocal sound perfectly in time and replace the other two's harmonies nicely &#40;to me&#41;...

KoCha

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by KoCha » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:04 pm

Hi, <BR>If you love your mix don't change it!! <BR>I think Interruptor have good describe what i think about the rythm breaked... <BR> <BR>I have hear your other mix... and i really like it! i prefere than the other. It's just question of taste... <BR> <BR>I wait for your next release :-&#41; <BR> <BR>Jah Bless, <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A> <BR> <BR>PS : You don't need to be a Bank Manager to compose/generate your song... With a PC and Free Software you can do good stuff.

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:06 am

which one did you like, Burialicious? I didn't really do much to change that, do you know the original? I added in the Peter Tosh vocal clips and stuck loads of reverb on one of the drum bits. <BR>I have another mix up there now, of Bob Marley's One Drop, its pretty shit to be honest. <BR> <BR>Yeah I use Protools Free, but to do my own mix, I feel I need a band really...ah... <BR> <BR>I did all those mixes a couple of months ago, I'm still looking for inspiration to do more...

KoCha

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by KoCha » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:56 am

Yes it's Burialicious, but i don't know the original. They have Melodica in the original ? <BR> <BR>Jah Bless, <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:35 pm

Its an Augustus Pablo song, so yeah. <BR>Peter Tosh wrote it and Pablo dubbed it.

KoCha

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by KoCha » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:08 pm

Peter Tosh dubbed by Pablo... oh yes i think it's why i LOVE it!! <BR> <BR>Thx for the info. <BR> <BR>Keep good dub vibration in you! Peace. <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>

interruptor

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by interruptor » Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:40 pm

contact for coxsone dodd and others: <BR>check <A HREF="http://www.reggaefusion.com/Performers/ ... t_Dodd.htm"> reggae fusion</A>

bin_ez

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by bin_ez » Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:16 pm

Thanks a lot, Daniel. Why do Reggae Fusion never have any pictures?

interruptor

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by interruptor » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:49 pm

no idea bro..

DELETED

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by DELETED » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:24 pm

DELETED

DELETED

bin_ez's'z'z old remix

Post by DELETED » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:14 pm

DELETED