KoCha - Lions Tribe Dub (From the new "Almighty Dub

Moderator: interruptor

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:58 pm

Hi, <BR>I have finished my new "Almithy Dub Studio" and i have down a new track. I have work a lot to up my skill in dub and i have achieve &#40;i think&#41; a good dub piece. Solid Half-drop riddim with flying melodica... <BR> <BR>I really really need advice!!! <BR> <BR>So please hear to me and say what you think. <BR> <BR>It's wildly mixed in live... old skool style u know :-&#41; <BR> <BR>The New Release : <BR> <BR>--&#91;Lions Tribe Dub &#40;3:13&#41;&#93;-- <BR>KoCha Sound Access : <A HREF="http://www.besonic.com/kocha" TARGET="_top">Besonic</A> <BR>KoCha Site : <A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha.fr.st</A> <BR> <BR>Thx a lot. <BR> <BR>Jah Bless, <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:37 am

"- Supplement : De la ganga de mon jardin et quelque bongs..." <BR> <BR>- very nice <BR>I like your desk as well, how much do they cost? <BR>Is there a direct out on every channel of the desk? <BR> <BR>I wasn't fully able to understand everything it said on your site. How do you transfer your recordings from the desk to your computer? <BR> <BR>I'm listening to Lions Tribe Dub now. <BR>I like it well enough, but I just feel there is something missing....I don't really know, each sound is too distinct, its the old analogue versus digital thing, y'know. <BR>I mean, there's a sweet melody and I think the drumming is real cool, maybe it needs some beautiful, fat, analogue recorded rhythm guitar. Idon't really know and my criticism wasn't that helpful. <BR> <BR>Just keep up the good work. <BR> <BR> <BR>oh yeah, your tune would probably sound better on a better pair of speakers than what I have here... <BR>what do you think of your mixes, personally?

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:12 am

Thx for hear to me!! really!! <BR> <BR>You can acces my website in english, there is a english flag at the left top &#40;very little...&#41; <BR> <BR>I have pay ~740 euro for the Yamaha MD8, and yes there is direct channel out for every track. <BR> <BR>A little explication of my creation : <BR> <BR>1. I create my dubplates in different .wav file for each track with MIDI &#43; SoundFont. <BR> <BR>2. I record my .wav track to my mixing desk &#40;there as a 8 channel mini-disc recorder on it.. but i only use 4&#41; <BR> <BR>3. I connect the out of my Mixing desk to my Speaker AND my computer... so i just put play on the MD8, mix and i record the result in my pc in live. <BR> <BR> <BR>Really thx for your advice. I think like you... the composition is good &#40;melody rythm&#41; but my sound studio is not perfet... i work every day for get fat sound, but digitaly never be perfect. <BR> <BR>If i can get a REAL band playing for me... oh the dream!!! i have already the pattern... <BR> <BR>But what you think on the Mix side of the track ? personnaly i love... i send snare, kick... flying in reverb, delay... the bass goes up... down! melody goes another time crazy. and the rythm drop YEAH!! i love live mix!!! <BR> <BR>Online Dub Community Blessed! <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:34 pm

yeah, I mean the mix, is deadly, or mortel&#40;?&#41; <BR>its real good, and so is Inna First Dub, the same thing. I'm gonna download some other tunes of yours...

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:14 pm

"Mortel" you speak french??? where are you from? <BR> <BR>Oh if you like Ina First Dub, you gonna Love "The Jah Legion"... for melodica fanatics like you and me ;-&#41; !! <BR> <BR>Max Respect Man! <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:57 pm

I'm from Ireland.

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:27 pm

From Ireland. <BR>Yes big dub in europe! switzerland,france,deutshland,nederland,uk,ireland,austria,tchek,italia,... there is dub in all this country and a lot of other! <BR> <BR>Jah rise the day of his son in this Babylon Shitstem! <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:56 am

Lion's tribe dub, my observations: <BR> <BR>&#43; basic musical idea with potential for a good dub is there. <BR> <BR>&#43; you mastered the basic techniques of live dub mixing. <BR> <BR>- offbeat: you are not playing full chords, but single notes of a guitar sample. these give an idea of where you want to go musically, but the idea is still very vague and missing definition. <BR>some tips to find chords: <BR>-- try a piano sound, these melt together to <BR> chords easyer than single note guitar samples <BR>-- first find the root note of your dub. <BR> i think in your case this would be the second <BR> note in your bass line. <BR>-- now for a basic offbeat chord play three <BR> notes at the same time: <BR> 1. the root note <BR> 2. 3 halftone steps above the root <BR> 3. 7 halftone steps above the root <BR> this would be a minor chord. for a mayor chord <BR> use 4 halftone steps instead of 3 for the <BR> second note. <BR> your song seems to head for this typical <BR> oscillating between two chords as heard in <BR> many reggae songs. so you will have to try <BR> around a little to find them. <BR> <BR>- drum programming: you can make it sound more <BR> natural by differentiating between main hi-hat <BR> hits and softer hi-hat hits in between. use the <BR> velocity parameter to accentuate the main hits, <BR> or use a second hi hat sample with a softer <BR> sound. <BR>- you could also use a percussion instrument like <BR> a shaker to make the sound fuller and "glue" <BR> together the sampled drum hits. <BR>- tightness: try to play more precise. especially <BR> some of the offbeats are too late or too early <BR> <BR>peace <BR>the interruptor

KoCha

Post by KoCha » Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:37 pm

Respect Interruptor! <BR>Thx for all your very constructive comment. <BR> <BR>I haved problem for the synch with my pc and my mixing desk, it's for that they have a problem in time. <BR> <BR>Thx for you guide to do a shank, now i really know how to do this ! <BR>I apply in my new compose the hi-hat velocity variation.. it's can sound very different! <BR> <BR>I'm very happy because i have made my OWN spring reverb this week-end!! i just finish now.. but i haven't a pre-amp so i do listen with my headphone and do amp with my stereo-monitor. It's sound great!! <BR> <BR>Jah Bless, <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:50 am

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">&#91;the messages about KoCha's spring reverb have been <A HREF="http://www.interruptor.ch/cgi-bin/discu ... 827">moved here</A>&#93;</FONT>