My new dub track

Moderator: interruptor

Neil C

My new dub track

Post by Neil C » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:43 am

For anyone who is interested - I've just posted a new dub track on Soundclick: <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/vitalfeedmusic.htm" TARGET="_top">http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/vitalfeedmusic.htm</A> <BR> <BR>It's called 'Creation Dub' &#40;top of the list&#41;. I think it turned out quite well - you may think otherwise, feel free to tell me so. <BR>Check out the Mutron Bi-Phase on the guitar - nice.

Triffidd

My new dub track

Post by Triffidd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:54 pm

Nice one!!! Cerebral.. <BR> <BR>I like the voice sample &#40;Bob Marley?&#41; and siren hits. Could use maybe a sharper attack on the guitar skank, and more bass, but there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Triffidd

My new dub track

Post by Triffidd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:12 pm

I just turned up the bass. Sounds like you've put a steady echo on the bass. The track has a slower feel than it might have, because of the timing of apparent echo. I would try making it shorter: more punchy.

Neil C

My new dub track

Post by Neil C » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:38 pm

Thanks for the comments. <BR>Yes, it is Bob Marley. <BR> <BR>I always put a small amount of reverb &#40;about 6%&#41;on the bass - I find it sounds too dry and seperated from the rest of the mix if I don't. There isn't any actual 'echo' &#40;by which I mean delay&#41; on it. Maybe there's a pre-delay setting in the reverb that makes it sound like a delay to ears/monitors more sensitive than mine. <BR>I'd welcome any more suggestions about the bass sound &#40;its me playing a real bass&#41;. I think it needs more oomph without being louder in the mix. <BR> <BR>I was going for a pad-like wash with the guitar, not a skanky ching, but that's certainly an option.

Triffidd

My new dub track

Post by Triffidd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:10 pm

Yes, I meant delay. It must have been the reverb I was hearing. I must admit I thought you were using a loop for the bass, or else were keyboarding it. <BR> <BR>I do a number of operations to achieve the low frequency sound I want. I try to make it sound as strong and detailed and wide as possible, with loads going on under the bonnet &#40;up to about 500hz&#41;. What's your email addy?

Neil C

My new dub track

Post by Neil C » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:24 pm

You can get my e-mail from the soundclick site &#40;use the contact option&#41;- I don't want to leave it exposed here for always. <BR>Anyone, please feel free to mail me. <BR> <BR>I get the bass sound by first going through a DOD FX25 &#40;green&#41; envelope filter pedal - a tip I got from this site - this cuts off all the upper frequencies and gives a big fat sound. It then goes through a Tech 21 Sansamp as a DI into my soundcard. Once recorded I compress and eq it and add the little bit of reverb - and that's the sound. <BR>Oh, and no looping - thats more or less one straight take.

Triffidd

My new dub track

Post by Triffidd » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:37 pm

OK I sent the email through the website form on soundclick.

DELETED

My new dub track

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:40 am

DELETED

DELETED

My new dub track

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:02 am

DELETED