Keyboard Korg Karma

Moderator: interruptor

ALBUNDY

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by ALBUNDY » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:55 pm

Hello, i'm french player, i buy korg karma &#40;synth&#41; <BR>and i would like to know, if korg karma is good keybord for the DUb music...? <BR>thanks you <BR>@&#43;

KoCha

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by KoCha » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:05 am

Hi, <BR>I think it's good for dub if you found good sample to insert in... after it's what you do with!! <BR> <BR>Good Luck, Jah bless... <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A> <BR> <BR>PS: Vive le dub francophone ;-&#41;
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

pieralbundy

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by pieralbundy » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:41 am

thanks for your response, it's the problem, i don't find good sample to insert in, the sound is not very good &#40;organ or piano&#41; ...

KoCha

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by KoCha » Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:25 pm

Can you insert from PC Floppy ?? so you can check for sample on internet. <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.kocha.fr.st" TARGET="_top">KoCha</A>
KoCha, reggae-dub producer

Almighty Dub Records - Independent Reggae Dub Production
Open Dub Foundation - The WorldWide Dub Meeting

pieralbundy

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by pieralbundy » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:31 pm

I have a floppy disk on the synth so it's ok, but i don't understand, how can i transfer&#40;send&#41; my sample from the computer to the synthe, because the extension of the file is: <BR>- to the synth &#42;.pcg <BR>- to the computer &#42;.mp3 or &#42;.wav <BR> <BR>How convert the &#42;.pcg to &#42;.mp3 or &#42;.wav ? <BR> <BR>Thanks You.. <BR>Ps: Dub is Life & Life is Dub

interruptor

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by interruptor » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:53 am

According to the <A HREF="http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=KARMA"> feature overview</A> on the Korg site the Karma has 32MByte of internal samples &#40;or PCM sounds&#41;. I'm shure these should cover also organ and piano. If you have checked all available preset sounds and did not find what you want read the manual about how you can adapt the sounds to your needs. What is the problem about the sounds you found on the machine? I am sure you can create your custom sounds, editing parameters like filter settings, attack and decay rates etc. <BR>As far as I see it is not possible to add more samples via the floppy drive. But Korg offers different expansion boards which add more PCM samples. For example the <A HREF="http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PRO ... 01">Pianos and Classic Keys Expansion Board</A> may be your thing. <BR> <BR>good luck & happy dubbing!

pieralbundy

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by pieralbundy » Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:24 pm

thanks, <BR>in fact the korg karma is a very good keyboard but it's very hardest keyboard, there are too much function, and for a beginner the korg karma is too dificult... but i try again to made the sound of Dub Music... <BR>@&#43;

DJ Otaku

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by DJ Otaku » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:24 am

The sounds in the Karma are amazing. In fact they are the same sounds in the much-revered Trinity and Triton synths from Korg. It can7t load samples --- those .pcg files are midi sysex data, not samples. The sounds are already in your Karma. <BR> <BR>The Karma's main ability is live midi accompaniment generation. I suggest you turn off some or all of the Generated Effects while you are searching for a good dub sound. Tweak your sound, cutoff, resonance, reverb, etc. Then turn them back on when you understand the sounds you want. <BR> <BR>The best thing is that you should be easily able to sync your delay time and modulation effects to your tempo. <BR> <BR>OTAKU-CHAN

HM

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by HM » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:19 pm

Yes karma is based on triton engine totally,.. <BR>In fact I see that a special software is abel <BR>to turn any triton into a karma-synth,........ <BR> <BR>So whom ever got the time to dweel into such <BR>heavy "arpeggiator" ;-&#41;&#41;&#41; find a seccond hand <BR>Triton-Rack I suggest, and have "two" synths <BR> <BR>HM

HM

Keyboard Korg Karma

Post by HM » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:59 pm