Mixed up Channels - Interface/Driver Drama

Moderator: interruptor

AK_thunder_dub

Mixed up Channels - Interface/Driver Drama

Post by AK_thunder_dub » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Greetings all,

I am hoping someone might be kind enough to help me out with a problem I have been experiencing. Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's the issue.

The tracks in my DAW are not being routed properly to my mixing desk. It seems to be an issue with my digital interface or the drivers associated with it. I have tried several different drivers & I keep getting jumbled up results.

Typical scenario is channel 1 send from DAW winds up being audible on channels 1 & 5 on mixer, channel 3 send winds up being on channel 6 & etc.

I have tried 'ASIO4all' & it seems to offer the correct routing options, but when I go to playback, I am not allowed to play anything. The cursor on the timeline in the DAW freezes like it is trying to buffer or render clips.

When I select the driver that came with the interface, I can play the tracks but they are all jumbled up.

I am getting really frustrated with this situation & could really use some assistance. I simply want my interface to provide analog outs for tracks 1-8 individually, not grouped, 1&2, 3&4, 4&5, etc. I would also like it if track 1 was actually routed to channel 1, track 2 routed to channel 2 & so on.

My setup is as follows:

Machine - Sony desktop - XP (used solely as audio workstation)
Interface - Echo layla 24/96 - 8in/8out, PCI card connection
DAW - I am trying out Reaper & Energy xt2.5

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Cheers,
Chad