Re-covering RE 201

Moderator: interruptor

serpico

Re-covering RE 201

Post by serpico » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:51 am

Hey there,
I just got my hands on a Roland RE 201 Space Echo but the previous owner seems to have covered it in dark red vinyl. It's not bad looking but if I wanted to get it back to it's original look has anybody any advice?

overstand

Post by overstand » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:42 am

Howdy.. I saw that for sale in buy and sell :-)

I considered it myself. Are the modifications purely cosmetic? Does it sound as it should? You can get parts for them on ebay so you might be able to source some covering there.

serpico

Post by serpico » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 pm

Yeah, it's just the outside covering. It's actually in mint condition. It was an absolute bargain when you consider broken ones are going on ebay for 300 sterling!! :-o
It's amazingly quiet, which is a real surprise, but it sounds fantastic. I'm just sticking it on everything at the moment and getting to grips with all it's features. It actually looks quite cool, my only reason for re-covering it is that it would look more like it's supposed to, but it looks damn fine sitting there in the studio.
8-)

serpico

Post by serpico » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Finally went to town on this. Covered in white leather with black corner patches. Will post some pics of my pimped out baby soon. Got the inside instruction page redone too so it's pristine. Replaced the tape and cleaned all the heads. Works like a beauty and sits in my studio just underneath my Retroverb looking sexy.