DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DUB SHOWS - need help with GEAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LIVE DUBBING
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: DUB SHOWS - need help with GEAR Reply with quote

Greetings all the way!
Hands down to earth, I feel like I've come to the right place for asking questions and share my love for this music.
I am a long-time roots lover, rocksteady fanatic and skanking addict, foundation-deejay with a strong message spreading a positive vibe.
Then I visited a Jah Shaka dance some years ago during a trip to the UK, and it has inspired me to get deeper into dub music, which eventually brought me here. I really wanna bring it on and play dub shows (deejay-wise). Since no other musicians in my area are familiar with this type of music, I turn to you for advice. I do know how to string up a sound, but I have no idea of the equipment used in production / for dub.
I have a Denon 4 channel DJ mixer, two technics turntables, a korg kaospad and a mic. That was more than enough for down-to-earth spiritual roots shows, but I need to buy new gear if I wanna play around with dub.

Which equipment would you recommend in particular for playing dub shows?
I thought of a 12 channel mixer, but been pointed to those with 24 channels...
Is a something like this already over the top?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_2442_usb.htm
What sort of preamp would you recommend?
Do I still need my Denon mixer for shows if I buy the new gear?

I am glad for any serious word of advice, feel free to share your insights.
Oh, and regarding the preamp, I don't have the knowledge of building one myself (yet), it's maybe something that can be done in the future, but for now I would prefer to buy one just to check it out and familiarize myself with the sound I really want.

Thanks for your time and help. Bless up!

Dom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LIVE DUBBING All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: