DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phaser techniques

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : PHASER AND FLANGER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larsmars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

So, a few vintage models have been mentioned, and some modern alternatives too. Does anyone have any tips on using phasers on individual tracks? Is it best to set up the phaser as an aux send with the returns connected to a channel line input, as is often done with reverb and delay? Please share your flanger/phaser secrets...
Downpressor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

Depends on the sound you want, but aux/insert is pretty standard.

If you want to go pretty far out, put it on a bus (if your mixer/DAW supports them) and send a group of instruments there. Since throwing alot of sound thru a phaser sounds really odd, I use that sparingly. When I do that I tend to also throw on a really big reverb sound after the phaser.

I usually like to put it on hihats on a moderate setting with the occaisional spike in the feedback level. You can do the same thing to toms as well during a drum roll.

I work all in the computer and my favorite phaser AU is SupaPhaser (http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=1) so I dont have alot to say about hardware units.
interruptor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

I often use a phaser as an insert effect on the offbeat chops. That's a very common technique.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

DELETED
noiseboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Phaser techniques Reply with quote

Shove it on everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9_d3PTkds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : PHASER AND FLANGER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: