DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the best speaker cabinet for dub bass?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LIVE DUBBING
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMO

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: What is the best speaker cabinet for dub bass? Reply with quote

I use a Steinberger bass with a 300 watt Trace Elliot amp, both of which kick ass, and I'm in the market for a new cabinet. Any suggestions?
overstand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of Steinberger do you use? I just got hold of one recently. They are fantastic bass - made for dub ! I think you cant go wrong with a steinberger and ampeg combination - probably an SVT stack if budget allows!
Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get a great dub tone out of my Eden cab. Especially now that the speakers are just getting a tad blown. It's a beautiful sound.
Bassman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most deadly bottom end rig I've used so far is:
SWR Interstellar Overdrive pre-amp into a heft power amp and an Eden 1x18" cabinet. Ultra gut-rattling lows. That's with a Fender Jazz or Wal 4 string.
1truetree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it would be a scoop type cab? nuff dub sounds playing with them. i'm just building two microscoops with pd158s and planned to use them with bass pre (swr iod if i can get hold of one maybe, cheers bassman, hadn't heard of it! it looks very cool, could be used with soundsystem to get some valve roar too!) and poweramp as my bass rig.
bigup speakerplans and their secretive soundmen!
Bassman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by scoop, you mean ported cabinets, then I'd agree. Back in the late 70's (!), I used JBL scoop cabs with 15" speakers. They looked cooler than they sounded. Any ported 18" cabs I've used over the years are far superior in definition and low end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> LIVE DUBBING All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: