DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allsound PAM 2020/ PAR 1010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pegman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Allsound PAM 2020/ PAR 1010 Reply with quote

Hi,

just bought this tape delay in the bay for a very cheap price.
I googled the device but there is nothing that i have found besides that the company "allsound" doesnīt exist any more.
Does anyone have heard such delay before or even have made experiences with it?
peace
Pegman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found some pictures of the tapedelay of an old ebay auction.
iīm very excited to test this thing out!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ALLSOUND-Solid-State-Mixer-PAM-2020-PAR-1010-Bandgeraet-60er-RAR-TOP-/150752383017?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Pegman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: finally Reply with quote

finally the tape delay has arrived and itīs really big.
It is an old style voice mixer which features a tape delay that is adjustable to each of the 5 channles. A very loud hiss is hearable, unless you dial out all high frequencie eqīs. I think the delay sounds decent but there are some thinks that i am missing. the rhythim of the delayed sound isnīt adjustable and it sounds a bit unmusical. But there is a feedback knob so you can change the length of the feedback loop. Also there is a distance knob which controls the tape speed, but itīs a bit loose.
itīs quiet a bit difficult to put it in an endless feedback loop, because if i bring in the aux send back to the device the preamp will double up the signal so that itīs very loud.
By the way the preamps have a very characteristic high shelvie sound which sounds great when slightly distorted. I donīt know if there are valves in it.
I will upload some samples soon so that you can hear that thing.
peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: