DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Live Dub Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> PRODUCTIONS BY USERS OF THIS SITE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dikara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: My Live Dub Project Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been producing music for around 15 years, covering many genres. More recently I've been working on a live dub setup.

I write/produce my tracks in Cubase, then export stems for Ableton Live.

I'm running an Akai APC40 control surface, with an LPD8 and LPK25 which are nice compact devices. Everything is custom mapped and I'm using multiple instances of ECHOLIVE for emulated tape delay, which I wouldn't be without now - such a fantastic plugin!

I'd love to get your opinions on my music:
https://soundcloud.com/dikara/live-dub-project Cool

Thanks,
Matt / Dikara.
interruptor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great from Start to finish! You are pressing all the right buttons dubwise and otherwise I'd say.. King
When playing live a singer can help a lot as most people need faces to look at during a show. The hard part might be finding a singer who actually appreciates dub and won't try to convert every dub into a vocal..
dikara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much! Very Happy

I use your plugins a lot, so big thanks for taking the time to create them.

Yeah, I'm trying to find someone to work with in the vocal department for both live and studio-based productions. If you know of anyone that might be up for laying down some vocals, any help would be appreciated.

For live performance, I can set it up so the vocals run through one of the instances of Echolive, which would be cool.

I've been talking to some guys who play brass in a funk band too, so it would be great to get them involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> PRODUCTIONS BY USERS OF THIS SITE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: