DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing Spring Reverb from Solid State Amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeDubStyle619

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Removing Spring Reverb from Solid State Amp Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Crate GX2200H Solid State Head, that has a spring reverb unit in it. I want to remove the tank and use it as an effect send through a mixer.

Im sure I can figure out how to remove it, but is there anything else I must do to be able to run it through a mixer send track?
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases the aux sends of your mixer won't be hot enough to drive the spring. you wouldn't directly drive a speaker from the aux send either. Therefore it is likely that you'll need a pre-amp between the mixer and the spring. Probably it would be easier to leave the spring tank inside the guitar amp and use that as pre-amp. If your amp has a line-out for recording you are set. otherwise you might consider miking it up, if noise is not a problem where you dub..
DeeDubStyle619

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply! So my amp has a "footswitch" output, 2 speaker outputs, and an "effects loop" line in and out.

Would any of these work? If so do I run the mixers fx send to the input of the amp, then the out from the amp to the return of the mixer, or to a channels input?

Thanks in advance
interruptor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are lucky the effect loop out contains the spring reverb . If not you can connect one of the speaker outs to a channel input of your mixer or the effects return. make sure you set the amp volume to minimum first and then raise the level slowly as far as needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : REVERB : SPRING REVERB All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: