DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JMX ET 520 tape echo motor replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cutipaste

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: JMX ET 520 tape echo motor replacement Reply with quote

Hi everybody! Good to be here, lots of useful information.
I hope you could help me. I have an old JMX ET 520 tape echo with missing parts. I sort of inherited it so i want to try fixing it before dumping it. One of the playback heads is missing, i guess i could find a suitable 1/4" head. If not i think i could live without it. But the motor is also missing, and thatīs a problem. I did a good deal of searching and found no specs at all, but discovered that the JMX had a "twin", the Vorg Echo Orbit EO 1 tape echo. I did find a picture of the motor of a Vorg machine. Itīs a Sankyo, and as you can see in the picture, its label says "H2NL0 71201-B".
Could you help deciphering that code? I need to know the specs of that motor and if i could get it somewhere, Sankyo or other brand.
Sorry for my english (itīs not my first language) thanks a lot and best regards,
Alfredo
AUX1Dub

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your best bet is to contact Sankyo. They still exist. I could not find a service manual for either models so no luck there.

Theres a way to test to see the draw but I dont know how.
cutipaste

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply AUX1Dub! I contacted Sankyo a couple of weeks ago but they said they didnīt keep record of that product and it was probably custom made for the manufacturer. No luck there Sad
Iīm currently waiting for the opinion of a tech.
Best regards,
Alfredo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: