Mighty Z Allstars mix up

Moderator: interruptor

noiseboy

Mighty Z Allstars mix up

Post by noiseboy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Me and a friend having a bit of a spontaneous dub up. Few months old now. Good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7hScdVMEv8

The track is "My Man' by Emilyah & the Mighty Z Allstars.

Mixing on my Midas Venice F32 which I love!

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:51 pm

nice one! expertly dubbed.. you nailed those echo timbres for sure :-)

noiseboy

Mighty Z Allstars mix up

Post by noiseboy » Thu May 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Respect.

A side note - what we're doing there is impossible on any current digital console (I've tried on a hell of a lot of them). Sure you can sit there on your own and program it all, in fact I could have done most of what we did there in Logic 9 as that was the playback source. But the mix took a few minutes. A couple of hours setting up levels and sounds, a few run throughs to get a feel for it and then that take. All send effects are analogue outboard.
The spontaneity and collaboration is the best bit. Getting in each others way and the potential for each to mess the others flow up is all part of the fun. Bouncing ideas off each other on the fly too!
The problem with digital consoles is that the software is written by programmers that don't understand that more than one simultaneous operator is essential in certain circumstances and that even just a single operator will often want to work live (not programmed) and on more than one channel/function at the same time.