DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Riddims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : OTHER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baroquedub

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

Inspired by the Interruptor's great free vst plug-ins, I'm making available some of my favourite reggae riddims in midi format for all you producers to re-use:
http://baroquedub.co.uk/audio_riddims.php
Food for your sequencers and a useful educational resources for all students of reggae :-)
Downpressor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

nice!

I was just googling for some fresh material to mash up. Gonna start on cuss cuss and sata tonight.
interruptor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

very nice resource.. i had lots of fun zapping through the previews and switching between your midi files and the original audio versions. i like that player window. are you a web programmer?
most riddims are well captured and all are rhythmically tight to the bone. but i also need to remark that on some not only the chords but also the bass lines are significantly different than the original (i.e. peani peani, nanny goat, heavenless)
i guess the reason is that some of the audioloops you used as a reference are quite noisy and the basslines are difficult to grasp from one single noisy loop alone. you should listen to other recordings of these riddims too.
Neil C

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

Good stuff.
Very nice site design as well.

Thanks.
baroquedub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

Glad it's been of some use - it's good to give something back to the community.

yeah, interruptor, sorry about the music theory errors. All done by ear I'm afraid. But hopefully the midi'll be a good starting point for other producers to explore the music.

[and yes, I do web design, I'm a multimedia producer by trade. thanks for the compliments! :-)]
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Midi Riddims Reply with quote

DELETED
NakedOperator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 years later... i'm very happy that they are still available at your site.

Thank you! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> COMPUTER DUB : OTHER All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: