Mr. Brown by The Wailers - strange mix

Moderator: interruptor

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:19 am

On one of those cheapo CD-compilations of early Marley songs I recently found a surprising mix of the Lee Perry produced "Mr. Brown": The whole riddim/dub without voices is on the left side and on the right side there is voices only. <BR>I ask myself whether the tune was really meant to be released like that or if this is probably the original 2 track tape from Perry's studio that is now being published unmixed. <BR>Does anybody know something more about this matter?

bin_ez

Post by bin_ez » Fri May 24, 2002 5:15 am

I never heard of that but a version of "Memphis"&#40;Peter Tosh melodica instumental&#41; I downloaded is as you describ, with the melodica in the Left/Right and the Riddim in the other side...It sounds fairly terrible really on headphones......but its interesting because you can isolate either side &#40;plus bleed/spill&#41; tell us a bit more about this complitation... <BR>A lot of those, &#40;in fact all&#41; Lee Perry produced Wailers songs are messed up and on ten thousand different CDs from 30 labels..miss-named and so forth...Duppy Conqueror credited Memphis and so on....

benja

Post by benja » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:52 am

Yes, this is how these along with many other cuts by Scratch and other artists of the era were released at one point. Not all the released mixes were like this, but many of the cuts on the Wailers' "The Complete Upsetters" box set by Trojan are like this. <BR> <BR>Big Youth also had an album released like this.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:45 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:21 am

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:15 am

DELETED