DUB DUB DISCUSSION BOARD
A place to discuss the production techniques of dub music.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roland re 150/501 price?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY : ROLAND (SPACE ECHO, 101, 301, ..)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beardeddubster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: roland re 150/501 price? Reply with quote

i jjust talked on the phone to a bloke who is selling an re150 for £225 and a re501 for £300
he says the sound on sound isn't as good on the 501 compared to a 301

he is not willing to budge on the price, but says the re150 "looks brand new"

they are advertised as mint condition

any advice much welcome
Looter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: roland re 150/501 price? Reply with quote

Get the 150.
the spring reverb isnt that great on the rolands anyway. unless youre going for that kind of sound..

If you want sound-on-sound for a more modest price look at a multivox tape echo. I have two :) The korg stage echos also have s-o-s, i believe.
beardeddubster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: roland re 150/501 price? Reply with quote

would you consider selling one of the multivoxes?
I am in Uk, where are you?
Looter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: roland re 150/501 price? Reply with quote

sorry beardeddubster, I'm not going to sell either of mine just yet. i'm in the US also so shipping and crating would be expensive.
John Foreplay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:10 am    Post subject: roland re 150/501 price? Reply with quote

For the price difference I would go for the 501. I own one and the unit sounds awesome. Also the 501s are the least noisey of the Roland Tape Delays. Here (in Australia), a good re501 can fetch up to $1400 (about 450 pounds). The 150 can get up to $600 (~ 200 pounds).

Also most I've spoken to think that the sound on sound head of the 501 is in a more useful position than the 301, and allows for up to one second delay times. I have never used a 301 though.
Cheers. John Foreplay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DUB DISCUSSION BOARD Forum Index -> EFFECTS : DELAY : TAPE DELAY : ROLAND (SPACE ECHO, 101, 301, ..) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: