space echo 201: squeak problem

Moderator: interruptor

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:34 am

I've had a 201 for about a week and I'm happy with it but it's starting to squeak. I think it's from the tape rubbing against the tape heads. It's getting louder each day and shows up when I record. Does this mean I need to change the tape loop? Dose something need to be lubed? I had this thing for a week. <BR> <BR>Vince

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:30 pm

i own an re-301 and have never seen &#40;heard&#41; this problem so far. i got the unit in almost new condition, so maybe the squealing only appears after longer use?` <BR>you could try to locate the exact source of the noise with a mic and a headphone. i've read once that the motor must be oiled sometimes. <BR> <BR>&#40;ps: please don't post your questions several times attached to different threads, i just deleted three clones of this question. rather start a new conversation in the appropriate folder, thanks&#41;

Looter

Post by Looter » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:04 am

One of my multivox tape echos squeaks when you operate it. It's a problem with the pinch rollers in the unit, I believe. One may be rubbing slightly on something else in the transport. Hasn't affected function in any way for me, you just may not want to have it running during an overdub in the conrtol room.