Dub production inside the computer?

Moderator: interruptor

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Mar 13, 2001 10:55 pm

I would like to know if there is some kind of mixing desk that can be used to do DUB music in the computer.

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Thu Mar 15, 2001 12:38 pm

Do you want to create the music completely <BR>inside the computer or do you have external <BR>instruments also?

Looter

Post by Looter » Sat Mar 17, 2001 10:30 pm

I've made what could loosely be called dub with Acid Pro, Sound Forge and AO TapeEcho, a plugin that simulates a tape delay. There are many more programs that may be used to make computerized dub, these are just the ones that i had access to.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Mar 25, 2001 9:28 pm

Buzz &#40;a modular sequencer/ synthesizer/ sampler/ effect machine&#41; - It's freeware, rather hard to understand at the beginning, but it has nearly all what you will need: <BR>- sequencer <BR>- samplers/ trackers <BR>- synthesizers <BR>- drum machines <BR>- about 100 &#40;or more ?&#41; effect machines, like delay, reverb, equalisers, filters, etc. <BR> <BR>Massa

Muzh

Post by Muzh » Mon Nov 19, 2001 11:46 am

Does anybody know software like Buzz but working on Macintosh computers. <BR>I am absolute beginner in dub producing in computer but very determined.

Hoester

Post by Hoester » Mon Nov 19, 2001 7:59 pm

No, Buzz do not work on Macs for sure. However, it should be possible to make good Dub with every software, as long it allows you full control of the classical effects as delay, reverb and maybe some phasing. The quality of Dub does not depend that much on which instruments you use, but more on the way how you use it. <BR> <BR>Keep up, <BR>Hoester <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.mp3.com/HoesterSoundSystem" TARGET="_top">http://www.mp3.com/HoesterSoundSystem</A>

kenyatta413

Post by kenyatta413 » Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:10 pm

i'm using reason to do dub on a mac. doing dub is new for me, but i really like this software, and i've been pretty happy with the results i've gotten. reason has everything you really need. limitless "analog" synths, samplers, a great drum machine, plenty of effects. and you can patch stuff together however you want, so you can be as creative as in a real studio. if you want to combine computer generated stuff with live, you can route the individual tracks from reason onto individual tracks of cubase, &#40;or other multi-track software&#41; and then record live into more cubase tracks.

goat

Post by goat » Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:22 pm

hey there. i use Cubase for all my dubbing needs. it has a bit of a learning curve, but is a wonderful and powerful tool. i use a lot of midi, and for that it excels. <BR> <BR>goat

Al Iguana

Post by Al Iguana » Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:47 am

try using OrionPro: <BR> <BR>www.sonic-syndicate.com <BR> <BR>the mixing desk is one of it's strong points... 4 sends and 2 inserts per channel. comes with some good delay and reverb too. drop in some mdaDubDelay and ride it into distortion &#40;the desk is fully automated - record and it will remember what you twiddle&#41;. <BR> <BR>also has a built in Sampler, Drum-machine etc. <BR> <BR>for digital dub, i would recommend: <BR> <BR>1&#41; OrionPro <BR>2&#41; Ohmboys Delay, MdaDubDelay, Spin Audio Delay or dbTempoDelay <BR>3&#41; Some good analog synths like the Muon Tau Pro &#40;great for really low bass&#41; <BR>4&#41; Some brass and percussion soundfonts <BR> <BR>you could get all this for cheaper than a cut-down version of Cubase, and you could easily knock out some dubs with it. Follow the hints on this site.... ;&#41; <BR> <BR>Al

goat

Post by goat » Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:36 am

mda DubDelay and mda Delay are great plug-ins. I also use Muon Tau for subsonic basslines. With the proper settings, the Steinberg Neon can make a great rhthym instrument. Can't argue with NI B4 for an organ sound. It's important to have good sounds, at least sounds that work together and you are happy with. But, it is what you do with them that makes Dub what it is. <BR> <BR>Goat

Sam

Post by Sam » Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:39 pm

If you use Cubase is HAlion a must have. It's a really good sampler. <BR>I also use cubase but I cant say that it have everything you need to make good dub. I think you need to have external istuments and effects. But I have to agree that the B4 is very good for organ sounds. Istead of using Neon for basslines, use halion and sample some real bass sounds from the internet. The sampler has a real good filter for basses. <BR> <BR>/Sam

dr.crow

Post by dr.crow » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:50 pm

What about emagic exsp ? <BR>I think it`s a excellent Sample&#40;player &#41; <BR>with great sound.

Manmachine

Post by Manmachine » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:04 am

Can you use cool edit '96 for dub? Does anyone know how to get rid of vocals with cool edit, I used the vocal cut and it doesn't work at all. <BR> <BR>hit me up at <A HREF="mailto:Zapparulz2000@aol.com">Zapparulz2000@aol.com</A>

Mike Zee

Post by Mike Zee » Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:08 pm

Manmachine, <BR>i've found this topic at cool edit user boards <BR><A HREF="http://forums.syntrillium.com/topic.asp ... 6%2BTricks" TARGET="_blank">removing vocals using cool edit</A> <BR> <BR>regards, <BR>/Mike Zee

coldstaR

Post by coldstaR » Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:40 pm

whatever you use, if it supports VST2, try OhmBoyz - that's an awesome delay-reverb-flanger-whatever else machine - great for dub-like sound!

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:59 am

i would say the best way to dub music on a computer nowadays ist a combination of reason and live &#40;by ableton&#41;. reason will be the sound synthesis part and live allows you to make sequencing dub stuff easily. the are great effects in it &#40;3 or four different dealy, a great reverb and lots more&#41;. very easy to use. great interface.

Gregort

Post by Gregort » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:50 pm

well is use diff progs for music creation but i <BR>use dr.sample &#40;sp-303&#41; from boss for the <BR>realtime effects

dubbytek

Post by dubbytek » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:52 pm

me i make dub on the fruity loops studio 3.5 and i use the mda dubdelay, tape delay,grenwha for the wah effect &#40;it is a very good vst plugin for the effect&#41;&#40;go to the www.greenmachine.opucases.de/GreenWah.zip <BR>soundfont of fender and gibson for the rythm guitar , i have the dr.sample sp 202 for the live effects . i have 2 synths for the emulation instrument like the sitar and oriental instrument&#40; remplace horn and brass&#41; and i mixed my dub with jungle or drum and bass. where i find the good vocals for dub music

Dubb

Post by Dubb » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:36 pm

Does anyone still have a freeware version of Buzz or know where you can get it?

interruptor

Post by interruptor » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:29 pm

for Buzz check: <A HREF="http://www.buzzmachines.com/" TARGET="_top">http://www.buzzmachines.com/</A>